Talk

Advanced search

Do you get tent envy??

(10 Posts)
lisad123 Thu 06-Aug-09 23:13:25

There were some lush tents at the site last week. We had 2 people come and ask to have a nosey at our tent.
Saw a great outwell, and they had an extra "room" too, which they were using as a kitchin they were there for 6 weeks

nikkid21 Fri 07-Aug-09 12:55:33

We have the new Outwell Florida 6 which was launched this year. On both trips with it we've had a few people asking to nosey round as they haven't seen it in the flesh before.

MollieO Fri 07-Aug-09 13:00:31

Where were you camping lisad? I can't imagine camping for 6 weeks - did they have builders in at home? smile

cheesesarnie Fri 07-Aug-09 13:02:19

we have a lovely big tent and im totally in love with it but did get tent envy in polzeath the other day.the tents were beuatiful and all different shapes and colours!the dc had envy for all the vw capers though!and apparently i am now 'cool' as i had one(an engine less one) as a childgrin(i always knew i was cool-the dc just couldnt see it).

i always get tent envy this time of year living in cornwall-why do holiday makers have lush tents?!

sarah293 Fri 07-Aug-09 13:04:24

Message withdrawn

lisad123 Fri 07-Aug-09 19:02:58

Mollie we were on Mersea island, not a whole lot there on site, a mobile shop on weekends and a park, thats it. No I think she planned to stay for 6 weeks as her kids are off school and it is a fab site. The tent was lovely, very homely.

PeachyLaPeche Fri 07-Aug-09 19:04:22

Not any more actually- as ours isn't made any mroe we're trying to find a tent we would buy if ours died (unlikely I hope) and haven'#t yet betterd the one we have

However in that past- absolutely!

Slubberdegullion Fri 07-Aug-09 19:08:02

If milleniumfalcon buys the De waard she is going to look at I will shrivel up into a gnarled up ball of envy.

millenniumfalcon Fri 07-Aug-09 20:34:59

heh grin first dibs, remember...

troutpout Fri 07-Aug-09 20:38:28

yes...cabanon or yurt envy usually
I also heart those trigano trailers and occasionally lust over those at camperlands where they are displayed in all their glory

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now