Talk

Advanced search

Reporting live from Rivendale campsite, Derbyshire

(5 Posts)
DottyDot Wed 05-Aug-09 22:53:32

hello! we've come for a couple of nights with our lovely friends but flipping heck it's muddy!

when we arrived we were told to go to the "driest" part which turned out to be a swamp - had to get our man-friend to get the car up the slope and out of the field blush.

so, we're in the meadow bit, miles away from the toilets ( acrossmany swampy fields) and right next to a fairly busy, fast A road.

if you're thinking of coming to this campsite, bring some fab friends and lots of wine and pray for dry weather..!

P.S. all the children are loving it and all look like something out of Lord of the Flies...

supersalstrawberry Wed 05-Aug-09 22:57:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Overmydeadbody Wed 05-Aug-09 22:57:53

Brilliant, I love it when children go wild when camping!grin

DottyDot Wed 05-Aug-09 23:01:47

the children (5 of them all together, all under 8 or so) spent most of the afternoon in just pants or naked..! so they've got lovely mud coated bodies - no point in washing until we get home I reckon..!

I'm such a fairweather camper - feel very Margot Leadbetter but trying to relax and enjoy!!

morleylass Sat 08-Aug-09 12:00:11

We went there last year and it was lovely - but I think it had been dry. Fortunately we were with the caravans as our friends were in their van, so near to the facilities.
I so understand how you feel - I like camping in the dry, but once everything starts getting muddy then I seem to lose my sense of humour big time !

MLx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now