Talk

Advanced search

camping with bedwetting 7 year old

(12 Posts)
thelawplus1 Wed 05-Aug-09 18:09:39

any advice on camping in a tent without putting him back in those nappies they call 'pants'?? Also, does anyone know where to get a good waterproof cover for a quilt/duvet?? His covers are always soaking wet in the morning... any suggestions muchly appreciated!!

fatzak Wed 05-Aug-09 18:39:19

DS1 has the odd acccident still, so when we are camping we always use a waterproof sheet over the airbed. Not sure what you could do to protect the duvet! We also stick him on the bucket for a wee before we go to sleep if he has been to bed earlier than us grin

allaboutme Wed 05-Aug-09 18:46:36

i'd go for the 'pants' over the soaking wet duvet every morning - especially while camping!

VanillaPumpkin Wed 05-Aug-09 19:02:14

We are just night training and will be breaking all the rules when we go camping next week and putting dd2 back in nappies for the duration. Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear.

allaboutme Wed 05-Aug-09 19:06:17

I put DS1 back in nappies at night when he stays at Grandmas house too as he's too unreliable to unleash on her nappy free!

Bumpinthenight Wed 05-Aug-09 22:45:04

For waterproof duvet covers try a mobility shop or equivalent for the elderly.

I used to work for a children's care home and you can get mattress covers (like an envelope - covers whole mattress) and waterproof duvet covers. [http://www.youreableshop.co.uk/product/waterproof-duvet-cover-single-CN4040.html Here].

Have you spoken to him about the pants? If you are honest and upfront he might not mind so much. We took "the kids" to Butlins and the bed wetters wore them no problem.

Bumpinthenight Wed 05-Aug-09 22:45:55

Oops I can't post links properly!!

thelawplus1 Thu 06-Aug-09 10:36:34

thanks everyone... think i'll go with the pants that look like boxer shorts... this may be easier!

ninja Thu 06-Aug-09 22:27:06

ditto the pants - that's what I'll be doing with bedwetting 6 year old. She was dry from 3.5 - 5.5 and has just wet since dd2 came along (10 months ago) but still seems ok to wear the pants

lisad123 Thu 06-Aug-09 23:10:00

you can also buy those pampers change mat pads, stick those under the sheeting to give extra protection

cupcakesprinkles Fri 07-Aug-09 15:22:26

thelawplus1 - the pants that look like shorts are awful ... given the choice my bedwetting 7 year-old DS prefers the "pants" everytime. The shorts are more like a nappy covered in plastic with some hideously hot and scratchy plasticy fabric over them ... he hates them (not enough to stop wetting though apparently hmm)

womblingfree Sun 09-Aug-09 17:23:44

DD has been bone dry for 2 yrs but int he run up to starting school this Sept has started bedwetting.

We went camping last week and used the pants - is by far the easier option although I can understand why you don't want to go there.

Just be warned you might find he gets a bit of a rash so take some Sudocrem with you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now