Talk

Advanced search

Eurocamp vs Keycamp

(12 Posts)
usernametaken Tue 04-Aug-09 23:11:45

Are there many differences between Eurocamp and Keycamp? I'm talking about the tents not the caravans/chalets/tree houses etc.

My first experience of Eurocamp was 30years ago as a child...have the tents changed much? I loved Eurocamping and now we'd like to take DD.

Looking through both Eurocamp and Keycamp brochures there doesn't seem to be much difference, though I do feel a bit loyal to the red/green tents having had such great holidays with them in the past.

Anyone have a preference over either company?

Many thanks.

SixtyFootDoll Tue 04-Aug-09 23:12:59

They are owned by the same comapny
We went with keycamp last year couldnt fault them

Tortington Tue 04-Aug-09 23:16:53

eurocamp is fucking expensive

usernametaken Wed 05-Aug-09 21:11:54

Both look expensive. We camp a lot in the Uk but I'd love DD to experience Euro/Key camps next year. Do they have the same campsites?

poopscoop Wed 05-Aug-09 21:14:13

if interested in camping with these companies and also canvas holidays etc, have a look towards the end of aug, you will see a sudden and vast price drop on the holidays. generally the last week of august is almost half the price of the week previous. also many good bargain breaks in may, june, and sept oct.

SixtyFootDoll Wed 05-Aug-09 21:15:55

they are on the same sites pretty much

BlameItOnTheBogey Wed 05-Aug-09 21:17:27

I've worked for both. They are much of a muchness. Slight difference in tent design (the keycamp bedrooms face each other whereas the Eurocamp ones face outwards). I'd go with whichever is cheaper.

Tortington Wed 05-Aug-09 21:24:46

french freedom and venue are cheaper

SixtyFootDoll Wed 05-Aug-09 21:40:08

carisma was another company I saw last time

nikkid21 Wed 05-Aug-09 22:01:53

We have used Eurocamp and Canvas without any issues. Canvas tends to be cheaper than Eurocamp and the price does really drop after 17th August. That's the date that we go to Holland for 2 weeks - although cheating in a van this time after 2 years of being rained on in tents.

Looking around the site (Chateua des ormes in Brittany) last year Eurocamp was the only company with a gazebo outside each tent which was very handy in the rain last August .

Eurocamp and Keycamp even share kids clubs at a lot of sites. Camvas seemed a lot more disorganised and low key but we didn't use the clubs much anyway.

SixtyFootDoll Wed 05-Aug-09 22:04:11

agree with the prices we went on 18/08 last year it was about £300 cheaper

poopscoop Wed 05-Aug-09 22:04:56

canvas top of the range mobiles really are the biz. air con, microwave (but whose cooking?) 2 bathrooms, everything. You get a decked raised terrace too. I never go in anything else after trying one a few years back. Eurocamp very good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now