Talk

Advanced search

OOOOOPS....

(15 Posts)
Alambil Tue 04-Aug-09 20:03:04

I lost the connector for the cooker to attach to the pipe...

Woops

that was an expensive mistake - £50 later for a new (albeit better) cooker and we won't starve!

Oh and I've left my brand new mallet in the tent bag of the old tent I took back ..... so now I'm a mallet down

I fear this camping trip will not go as smoothly as I wished!

I still have LOADS to do... will start on the Great Big Tidy Up later

Goober Tue 04-Aug-09 20:05:14

Bugger!

Mallet is cheap, just don't forget to get it.

Alambil Tue 04-Aug-09 20:12:43

I know!! Where else sells them? cant possibly go back there!!

Goober Tue 04-Aug-09 20:35:50

Any hardware store, those small traditional type are the best.

Alambil Tue 04-Aug-09 21:30:54

oh fab, got one of them in our local parade

EachPeachPearMum Tue 04-Aug-09 21:35:48

Oh, you don't hear that term very often these days do you? "A parade of shops"... I love it smile thanks for reminding me!
sorry about your woes though...

Alambil Wed 05-Aug-09 14:52:16

I dont think I should be allowed to be in charge of going on holiday!

I've just realised the footprint pegs are in the tent bag - in the shop - too!!!!

I am SO blonde

The man laughed when I just rang the shop but they have sent it off already to be looked at and aren't getting it back until tomorrow when I've left boohoo

I am thick!! I am lethal!

PeachyLaPeche Wed 05-Aug-09 19:02:17

Lewis I have your raincoat posted here !!!!!

If you cat me your addy i will happily post on.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 05-Aug-09 19:33:49

<apols for hijack>

PeachyLaPeche! That's a very glamorous name. Is it your new stage career or have you just come back from camping in the rain?

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 05-Aug-09 19:34:37

Scrub that. Peche is peach innit. Not fish. Whoops! grin blush

PeachyLaPeche Wed 05-Aug-09 19:36:04

PMSL- are you saying I smelllike a fish? <<sniffs>>

well OK but not so bad you can smell it there I hope wink

Feeling glam after makeover session today is all

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 05-Aug-09 19:57:16

Roffle. No fishy smell, I just thought I hadn't seen you around for a while and that you might be away, and if so, rather sodden, in which case you might feel like a fish... <waffles endlessly>

Makeover session sounds fab! What did they do to you????? (or have I missed that on another thread - LewisOP, do tell me to bugger off if I'm completely behind the times...)

PeachyLaPeche Wed 05-Aug-09 20:42:32

Am hoing to start pthrea tomorrow with before and after pics- mainly hair etc

We were, in fact, away but the weather wasnt that bad really, alternate days of sunshine which is fiiiiine

Anyway havent seen you about- how goes it?

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 05-Aug-09 20:51:19

We're going tomorrow. Well, DS and DH have gone today, I go to meet them tomorrow evening. 5 nights in South Hams, then 5 nights near St Ives. Am very excited by prospect of warm dry weather.

However, somehow need to sort out a new tent pole tomorrow morning whilst also being at work. How I'm going to do that, I'm not quite sure... The Very Nice Man at Gelert mentioned a campshop in Ponty. Any ideas? I don't know one. Otherwise I have visions of going up to Raglan in my lunch hour.... Is that place in Newport still open?

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 05-Aug-09 20:52:43

And damn! at prospect of missing your thread. How exciting. Will have to try and surreptitiously log on at work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now