Talk

Advanced search

Fancy camping for DH who "needs" own loo!!!!

(26 Posts)
hillbilly Mon 03-Aug-09 19:27:09

I know it's ridiculous but he says he won't camp unless he has his own loo. So does anyone have any suggestions? I already have a brochure for Featherdown Farm which looks nice.

GrapefruitMoon Mon 03-Aug-09 19:28:16

Mobile home?

pointydog Mon 03-Aug-09 19:30:21

You're in teh tent, he's in a static.

Isn't that what he means?

MaryMotherOfCheeses Mon 03-Aug-09 19:33:27

Get him a porta potty and his own toilet tent. Then he can wave to people as he wanders in there with his newspaper.

pointydog Mon 03-Aug-09 19:35:21

Get him a nice old chamber pot

Katisha Mon 03-Aug-09 19:36:29

I have every sympathy with him. This is why I don't camp. Communal facilties - shudder!

chimchar Mon 03-Aug-09 19:37:14

get him one of these!

www.firebox.com/product/2351/Shit-Box

MaryMotherOfCheeses Mon 03-Aug-09 19:38:38

I've heard very good things about Featherdown farms, but I think it's quite expensive and the thing about camping is that you can go just for a weekend a few times a year. In theory....

hillbilly Mon 03-Aug-09 19:43:19

Wow everyone is on the ball!!!!!

Love the Firebox chimchar.

Not only does he want his own loo but also won't be doing with the chemical type - only a flush loo will do!!

Looks like I will be camping with my pals and all the kids eh wink

Honestly - men! (Katisha you and he could be good friends I feel!!)

hillbilly Mon 03-Aug-09 19:44:12

Good point pointydog - then everyone is happy!

Nighbynight Mon 03-Aug-09 19:48:20

Blimey. I'd send him out behind the bushes with a spade and a bog roll. Can't get fresher and cleaner than that!

PS Is he always that high maintenance??

OrmIrian Mon 03-Aug-09 19:49:43

Hmmm. While he's working DH always saves it up till he's home so that he can hog the damn thing for ages and leave his own personal stink in his 'own loo' hmm And when we got home from our holiday he couldn't wait to take the paper in to the loo with him. I want to build his own loo in the garden. What is it with men and loos?

thisisyesterday Mon 03-Aug-09 19:51:06

pmsl, tell him to get over it! honestly <shakes head>
or go by yo9urself. and tell him he's a wuss!

Katisha Mon 03-Aug-09 19:53:40

There is no getting over some things.
And communal camping loos and eurgh washblocks are two of them.

hillbilly Mon 03-Aug-09 20:01:19

nighbynight - it's just the loo thing he is high maintenence with. He says he can sleep anywhere, field, tent, boat whatever but just needs his own loo. Hilarious I know.

We have missed out on a couple of camping trips this year because of it but I have decided that next year it is going to happen, not least for the sake of our dc's who will be 5 and 2 and I know they will love it.

So my angle from now will be about the kids missing out etc and I think I can bring him around.

hillbilly Mon 03-Aug-09 20:03:35

OrmIrian - DH is just like that. Fortunately he has his own business and the office is only 10 mins away so he comes home is he needs a poo. Can't believe it myself sometimes!!

Nighbynight Mon 03-Aug-09 20:03:49

Aaaaah, you'll be able to pick your tent out in the field of tents. It'll be the one with the Portaloo parked next to it.grin

hillbilly Mon 03-Aug-09 20:04:38

Yes won't we look like a bunch of idiots!

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Mon 03-Aug-09 20:05:05

this site has pitches where yopu can hire a private bathroom (BIL has colitis, I know these things)

Nighbynight Mon 03-Aug-09 20:05:57

People will be jealous, and make jokes about how it could be an en suite bathroom if you parked it closer and cut a hole in the tent.

Nighbynight Mon 03-Aug-09 20:07:35

peachy, that camp site looks brilliant.

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Mon 03-Aug-09 20:14:41

It was last time we went, and apparently the new owners have spent loads since.

hillbilly Mon 03-Aug-09 20:14:50

Thanks Peachy - that looks great. In fact we have just come back from a weekeend very near there and it is such beautiful countryside. Not camping of course wink

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Mon 03-Aug-09 20:16:12

The area is pretty much where I grew up so know it very well, and its great for a break isn't it?

chimchar Tue 04-Aug-09 08:59:39

we've stayed here but in an apartment... the camping facilities look great, but it also has an onsite indoor pool/sauna/jacuzzi etc it also has a kids evening disco indoors...just incase the rain never stops!

its on the edge of the forest of dean..loads of lovely walks, sculpture trails etc..

great pubs close by too for sunday lunch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now