Talk

Advanced search

Any Scouters out there?

(7 Posts)
IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 02-Aug-09 20:22:26

The sea scout troop that my DH is involved with are looking for some new locations for their summer camps and I was wondering if any MN'ers were involved with scouting and could recommend some.

We're in South Wales but they will consider travelling just about anywhere.

They prefer very basic sites (i.e. a field with a tap!) with adjoining water - preferably lakes but estuaries and sea would be ok too.

seeker Sun 02-Aug-09 20:35:53

We have a fab site in Kent that some other Scouts are using at the mo for their summer camp.

Big gravel pit for sailing/canoeing - lots of interesting things to do locally.

Whitstable Sea Scouts do sea sailing of that's moe your thing.

We're a very long way away from wales, though!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 02-Aug-09 21:57:30

The gravel pit would be more their thing for sailing I think. Tides make sea sailing a pita at times!

It is a long way, but where abouts in Kent is it?

seeker Mon 03-Aug-09 23:30:32

We're in Faversham - if you're interested, CAT me an email address and I'll send you some more details.

Tere is a really nice Scout campsite at Laughterton in Lincs. Then there are gravel pits with sailing 10 miles up the road at North Hykeham.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 04-Aug-09 20:05:37

Thanks both, I've had a look but think that both are a bit far away really to seriously consider.

Do either of your troops camp anywhere else?

Years ago I stopped at the Bryn Dinas bunkhouse near Llyn Dinas in Snowdonia. I would imagine there are a few campsites roud there and the lake is nice. We did a lot of canoeing on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now