Talk

Advanced search

Camping stoves/cookers

(10 Posts)
jenniferq Sun 02-Aug-09 00:02:03

can anyone recommend a campog cooker/stove? For the past few camping trips - and camp bestival last weekend - we have used a single burner job, which has been OK, but from looking around at other people's set ups, we have decided we really would like to get a double burner type affair. or, at least, a more stable thing (our single thing got blown over in wind and set fire momentarily to the grass!). Have been looking at the campingaz products, but not clear on the extras (ie fuel) that needs to be bought? very very grateful for advice!

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 02-Aug-09 00:15:46

We've got an ordinary campingaz double burner thing. You need a specific canister with it (901 size???) dunno will check tomorrow, which costs about £15 to fill. But it lasts for ages. Only problem IMO is the lid blows down in the wind, so we ended up buying a windbreak as well. We could have taken the lid off, but then the gas wouldn't light. So you do need some kind of shelter. If that makes sense.

gigglewitch Sun 02-Aug-09 00:58:59

we use the campingaz stove too smile

gigglewitch Sun 02-Aug-09 01:00:57

uses this bottle

FlamongoBongo Sun 02-Aug-09 11:26:01

My parents have those bottles - do they go on anything else apart from the camping gaz stoves, do you know?

gigglewitch Sun 02-Aug-09 21:45:49

erm.... tbh I don't know what <dim> but think they must be used for a few things. You need a hose and a reg as well tho.

jenniferq Tue 04-Aug-09 12:56:42

thanks very much everyone! Think will definitely be going for that!

VanillaPumpkin Tue 04-Aug-09 13:57:38

We have a single burner (for breakfast and cups of tea) and a Cobb for the main meal. There is a thread on here you can search for all about them smile. I love mine.

MrsBadger Tue 04-Aug-09 14:11:26

yes yes that is the stove and those are the bottles

having a grill is fabulous as it means if it rains you can still eat the food you meant to bbq

paisleyleaf Tue 04-Aug-09 14:20:20

"do they go on anything else apart from the camping gaz stoves, do you know?"

3 way fridge

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now