Talk

Advanced search

I like it here in the "camping" topic because...

(23 Posts)
borriebear Sat 01-Aug-09 21:54:40

its very positive and all your stories gave us the confidence to get away for 2 nights with our 8 week old ds. He slept brilliantly and found the whole thing very funny! Another thing we love to do that we can carry on with in life after baby

Very excited about our trip to Gower in September, just wanted to share our excitement and say thanks

Lilyloo Sat 01-Aug-09 21:55:52

glad you had good time , i like this topic on mnet too!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 01-Aug-09 21:57:55

Good for you, I think camping with a newborn is much easier than camping with a toddler actually! and I am looking forward to going with the family when no.2 is born.

supersalstrawberry Sun 02-Aug-09 01:07:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gigglewitch Sun 02-Aug-09 01:14:14

<all fans of camping topic wander in> grin

FlamongoBongo Sun 02-Aug-09 11:24:47

<<saunters in>>

I love it here too. One of my favourite places on MN!

Kbear Sun 02-Aug-09 11:29:32

it's so calm here isn't it, a happy place for happy campers (as long as no one mentions R A I N and getting washing away like those poor people in the Lake District last week).

Glad you have a lovely time.

Cup of tea made on the camping stove and a jaffa cake anyone?

serinBrightside Sun 02-Aug-09 20:43:27

Sip's tea and munches jaffa cake, it's always summer here.

borriebear Sun 02-Aug-09 21:18:37

We usually camp at 3 cliffs on The Gower, have done since I was little, we got very used to "liquid sun" and "strong breezes"!

A jaffa cake would be lovely, cheers

tinateaspoon Mon 03-Aug-09 15:06:23

I love it here too, everyone is so friendly, lots of advice and lovely stories. I just kick off my shoes and breathe the fresh air. It keeps me ticking over until the next trip....

cupcakesprinkles Fri 07-Aug-09 20:00:26

Me too ... it's so relaxed and friendly (there's some really quite scary threads out there ... shock) and like Tinateaspoon says "it keeps me ticking over until our next trip"

ooh yes, jaffa cake, how lovely

PeachyLaPeche Fri 07-Aug-09 20:10:23

Agree with pavlov,last year V easy with 5 week old, with ds4 15 months this year have felt guilty that he ahs spent too much time in a buggy but hey it's not forever!

I'll have a virtual jaffa ta (dieting).

off again week Monday for 5 mights (Christchurch FoD),got back a week ago today from 2 weeks in new forest- fab!

But you know, Gower an hour or so away (live in SE Wales) and we've not yet visited. Must plan for next year, but some sites are turn uppable only- any recommendations of bookables greatly appreciated. Esp.internet bookables.

Overmydeadbody Fri 07-Aug-09 20:18:28

<<wanders is>>

camping topic is my favourite place on MN.

millenniumfalcon Fri 07-Aug-09 20:30:06

have you been to christchurch before peachy? we've just come back and the location was great but i'd rather go out of season cos it got busier than i'm used to come the weekend.

i haven't been around mn for ages but i had to come back and ask camping questions cos i knew you lot would know

Jux Fri 07-Aug-09 21:27:59

I'm so jealous envy

DH and DD went off to N Devon yesterday for a few days. The weather's great. I'm at home sad

Mintyy Fri 07-Aug-09 21:31:47

Heh heh!

I feel I can put a foot over the threshold of this topic now that I have successffully persuaded dh to go camping (last weekend) and he enjoyed it (despite the piddling rain). The dc adored it, obviously.

We WILL be going again, oh yes, and now just need to buy a tent.

So ... lovely campers, when is best tent-buying season, in terms of sales?

Tia.

CloudDragon Fri 07-Aug-09 21:45:39

I too love it. we had a brilliant trip thanks to a tip on MN of a lovely site in the lakes. camping is wonderful with kids one of my favourit ethings, though the car gets a bit packed with 3 DCs a dog and all the stuff!

tinateaspoon Fri 07-Aug-09 22:55:49

Mintyy - give it a couple of weeks and I am sure there will be some bargains about. We got our family tent in September last year for just under £300 and they were nearer £600 at the beginning of the season. Just be prepared that a late bargain might end up in the garage til the spring.

AitchTwoOh Fri 07-Aug-09 22:59:58

gah the tent i wanted to come up in the sales (outwell nevada) looks to be selling out. bummer. i like it here when people discuss arcane cooking equipment. wink

deaddei Sat 08-Aug-09 08:56:47

I love the camping topic too- but nothing would persuade me to go camping! My friends all laugh at me, but I would rather stick pins in my eyes than go.
I think it's because when I was 12, I was camping with my dad in a lonely spot in Wales, and started my period for the first time- and had no idea what was happening. Mum had never prepared me, and I knew nothing about them.
So I think it traumatised me, and put me off camping for life!

PeachyLaPeche Sat 08-Aug-09 08:58:54

MF- yes, I also prefer it quieter though like you, it's our 'hit and run' site usually as we live fairly close (a few miles past Monmouth)but this year we didn't manage to make it down so said heck we'd go now.

Looking at the Cotswolds next year for a weekend,pembrokeshire for Whit again and Mum and dad accompanying us in the summer so they choose between IoW and Sandy Balls.

PeachyLaPeche Sat 08-Aug-09 09:01:04

Oh tent buying- Christmas sales for definite, as most manufacturers launch rafts of new models so even previous - year popularity doesn't guarantee a palce on next years sales rack (our 2008 sun valley 8 a true case in point)

Massive bargains to be had then,and the best time to sell a tent on is definitely Whitsun (so conversely the worst time to buy second hand)

Mintyy Sat 08-Aug-09 09:47:39

Peachy - thanks for Christmas sales tip. Don't know if I can wait grin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now