Talk

Advanced search

Where do you go to look at tents before you buy? (north side of London) quick before DH changes his mind...

(10 Posts)
mybabywakesupsinging Thu 30-Jul-09 22:53:06

So DH has, in a moment of madness, agreed that we can have a tent. Only, he says, for weekends, when the weather forecast is good - but this is a major concession...
It is years since I camped now and I've no idea what's available. I'd quite like to look somewhere where you can see at least a few tents, to get a feel for size, then buy online.
There are 4 of us, maybe more in the future, so we're after 4-6 man tents...

MaureenMLove Thu 30-Jul-09 23:04:30

If you just put a search in Google for tent showrooms in your area, you should find something.

I know South of the Thames unfortunately, but if you fancy a day out there's a big one in Gillingham.

MaureenMLove Thu 30-Jul-09 23:06:57

OOh, there's one in Romford, I just remembered! That any good for you?

Snorbs Thu 30-Jul-09 23:08:19

I went to the St Albans branch of PJ Camping as their shop is just down the road from here.

mybabywakesupsinging Fri 31-Jul-09 02:12:34

thanks - i tried google and found nowhere even as close as these. Romford would not be bad...
We are going (not camping) to east sussex so I might see if there is anything not too far off the route (M25/M20)

Thelongroadhome Fri 31-Jul-09 02:25:01

Not sure if its handy for you but my brother in law has just bought a pop up family tent from Decathlon (somewhere East I think). He swears by it and if you google it you see the demonstration. I am thinking about borrowing it and if its good buying it. Suspect it might be particularly good for reluctant campers. Its a Quecha base or something like that - if you are interested can let you know.

NL3 Fri 31-Jul-09 10:12:18

There's a go outdoors in Harlow,which is fairly close to the A10

Smithagain Fri 31-Jul-09 10:49:06

For something near the M25, having a look at www.skcamping.com. They have a big outdoor showroom, about 10 minutes south of M25 Junction 6, on the A22.

goingtohaveagoodnightssleep Fri 31-Jul-09 10:59:46

I also went to pj camping and thought they was a good selection.

mybabywakesupsinging Fri 31-Jul-09 22:29:38

thanks - will see about a diversion to skcamping on the way home from holiday...
thelongroad we used to live near Decathlon and it is very good - I thought it would have more little expedition-type tents though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now