Talk

Advanced search

I have NEVER camped and may do it to take DS to BIBIC in Somerset - any pointers, good sites, etc, anything??

(10 Posts)
hereidrawtheline Thu 30-Jul-09 15:53:16

We have to take DS to BIBIC in Somerset for a 2 day long assessment for his SN's. We are totally flat broke and someone has offered us the loan of her tent to cut down on costs. Any great places, or things I should know? I guess we might have to buy so much to do it with it would cost the same as a hotel? We dont have sleeping bags or anything.

posieparkerinChina Thu 30-Jul-09 15:56:36

Is that near Bridgwater? Somerset is lovely (where I grew up). I'm sure BIBIC could recommend some campsites.

hereidrawtheline Thu 30-Jul-09 15:57:48

yes it is near Bridgwater... I am really thinking now we are not up to it. I mean, we would have to buy everything and do it all for the first time in just a couple of weeks. We need to be there for 19th Aug.

hereidrawtheline Thu 30-Jul-09 16:04:35

hmm... thinking about it.

is it too much a big ask?

posieparkerinChina Fri 31-Jul-09 07:15:15

You'll probably find some cheap places to stay...

I can't help as I'm spending my summer in China.

Phoenix4725 Fri 31-Jul-09 07:56:11

hmm less you can beg or borrow sleepbags et then you got cost of cooking eqp or food out

and its high season now travel lodge might work out cheaper

hereidrawtheline Fri 31-Jul-09 10:24:59

china! Lovely!

Well we have definitively ruled it out.

DS has a weather phobia in the extreme so I reached the conclusion last night it was a point of madness for me to consider camping with him at this stage!

We have found a lovely hotel which is very reasonable its just paying for it! grr

silverfrog Fri 31-Jul-09 10:35:10

oh, you've found somewhere.

I was going to recomend the B&B we stayed at when we took dd1 - was not nec cheap, iirc, but it was fabulous.

we had a family room (me, dh, both dds), and the owners were sooo nice and accomodating. no worries AT ALL about ASD behaviours etc, and they let us use the kitchen to make food for the dds (gf/cf).

we could go back whenever during the day - so not like a typical B&B.

it's here if you want to have a look

hereidrawtheline Fri 31-Jul-09 10:45:04

oh can you not go back in the day to typical B&B's? How odd! That looks lovely! We found this place

I liked it because it said children are VERY welcome!

silverfrog Fri 31-Jul-09 12:29:17

well, ime, usually you are expected to be out during the day, from after breakfast until early evening.

Although I normall yavoid them because of such experiences, so maybe things have changed.

the one you've found looks great, and a good price too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now