Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Campsite in france, with 3 under 5 years old.

(10 Posts)
booshoo Wed 29-Jul-09 23:02:20

Am looking for a holiday in august in a french campsite, Brittany or the Vendee, not somewhere too huge or holiday park-like, somewhere with a pool, playground (definitely no evening karaoke). This is my first holiday since birth of kids, youngest are 9 month old twins. Am I nuts? Any advice would be wonderful.

plantwoman Thu 30-Jul-09 15:25:09

We are taking our 3 under 5 to France tomorrow here

No idea what it's going to be like - no idea if I am mad...but we're going so no turning back now - I'll let you know in 10 days time!

BadgersArse Thu 30-Jul-09 17:36:00

you want a heated pool imo
what about the grand metarie?
not too far, nice andl clean etc

the keycamp chalets are v good

BadgersArse Thu 30-Jul-09 17:38:09

although you say you dont want huge kids do LOVE the little discos and stuff trust me they do and you can have a glass of rose while you watch them

this also has a fenced off pool etc but no chalets, get the best accom you can afford.

GrapefruitMoon Thu 30-Jul-09 17:44:12

Would you consider the Loire valley? Stayed at a great site there last year which is ideal for small children.

booshoo Thu 30-Jul-09 20:21:25

Thanks for help, will investigate, although have left it so late, lots of sites are full. Which site in the Loire is it?

TheWorstWitch Thu 30-Jul-09 22:29:13

We stayed at a lovely campsite in the Loire called chantpie

Failing that, have you thought about the Ile de Re?

TheWorstWitch Thu 30-Jul-09 22:30:15

Sorry, chantepie, not chantpie blush

GrapefruitMoon Fri 31-Jul-09 08:51:20

this one

littlemisschatalot Fri 31-Jul-09 10:24:23

camping bel, tranche sur la mer, vendee. we went last yr with same age kids as yours. no adult entertainment, but something on for the kids eg: clown show, magic show, films in outdoor cinema. very small for a campsite, walk to beach, suopermarket and into local town.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now