Talk

Advanced search

Good campsites in the vicinity of Bristol (as far as Somerset/South Wales-ish)

(7 Posts)
piglips Wed 29-Jul-09 21:18:31

I have a new tent, a 3 yo and a 1yo! And would like a suitable campsite to enjoy. Please help!

Fillyjonk Wed 29-Jul-09 21:19:36

christchurch/bracelands-forest of dean, 1 hr from bristol

misshardbroom Thu 30-Jul-09 09:45:54

Haven't actually been here, but intend to book a weekend before the end of the summer.

MollieO Thu 30-Jul-09 10:23:08

misshardbroom not that I'm stalking you but another campsite I might book! Where do you do your research for campsites?
Tried to get into Cotswold View for a weekend in August but only one night available.

misshardbroom Thu 30-Jul-09 10:30:54

That's OK, I'm incredibly flattered that anyone should think I'm a source of good camping knowledge, with my crappy outgrown tent and single burner!!

Cotswold View was recommended to me by a friend (actually, OP, there's another one for you), and then I just found this one myself because I did an internet search for 'country park camping Somerset' and up it popped!

The other one I'd massively recommend which is probably 1.5 hours or so along the motorway from Bristol is Wellington Country Park near Reading, we had such a brilliant time there (which inspired the search for 'country park camping').

ilovemydogandmrobama Thu 30-Jul-09 10:35:05

like it here. Shower block and clean toilets

MollieO Thu 30-Jul-09 10:37:33

Another recommendation I'll look at! That is only about 40 mins from where I live too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now