Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a Cadac barbecue - what are they like

(4 Posts)
sundew Tue 28-Jul-09 23:10:06

We are looking at getting a new cooker for our camping trip in a couple of weeks (my 30 year old Camping Gaz stove has finally had it!).

I've seen these groovy looking Cadac barbeques which seem to do everything apart from cook for you grin.

What I would like to know is - are they as good as they look and how big are they - I can't find dimensions anywhere on-line - we were looking at either the Safari (not sure how small it is) or the Carri Chef - not sure if it packs up small enough.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

sundew Wed 29-Jul-09 20:44:44

bumping

cousinsandra Wed 29-Jul-09 21:31:52

ours is a cadac. Actually got it by mistake online when shopping for an outdoor chef. But it's great. I don't think we use it to it's full ability but have taken it camping and it's great. Depending on the deal you get it comes with various accessories like griddle plates. It's about the same size as a standard kettle bbq but packs down small with legs off to a group of discs that fit into a carry bag. We take it without the legs and it' very neat. I would recommend it. We also take the small gas bottle.

Chevre Thu 30-Jul-09 08:14:25

we have one. the safari chef. it is fantastic! i have the gas bottle. we have only used it in the garden but we are giving it its first outing tomorrow. the flame is reallly good so much better than your stove in that respect.

but you only have one flame!

the griddle is amazing for cooking fish etc. the lid is great as a wok.

i got mine here, v. good service and best price

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now