Talk

Advanced search

duvet or sleeping bag?

(9 Posts)
Psychobabble Mon 27-Jul-09 21:01:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 27-Jul-09 21:05:31

our ds's wear pj's then an all in one fleecy suit (they're 3 and 1).

Then the oldest sleeps in a proper kids sleeping bag, and the youngest in his thickest grow bag with an extra blanket.

I have winter pj's with a fleece jumper and thick socks, in a 4 season sleeping bag.

DH just sleeps in his boxers in a 4 season down sleeping bag.

I think sleeping bags are better as thers'a layer underneth you aswell as on top, and cold from the ground is important to think about and cancel out iyswim

nikkid21 Mon 27-Jul-09 21:15:36

My dc's age 7 & 5 wear cotton pj's . They then lie on a camp bed each like this here

Then lie inside a tesco value sleeping bag with their single duvet on top of that. It's a lot to pack but we put the duvets inside the vacumn (sp hmm
) seal bags so they are much smaller.

If we camp at easter or into September they also wear a wooly hat & slipper socks to bed and have an extra fleecy blanket each on top.

We used to have a problem with pillows falling off the end of the bed. I sewed a piece of elastic on one side of a pillow case. This slips over the campbed frame before you put the last set of legs on. Then I just shove a pilow inside and there is no way that the pillow can fall off in the night.

Psychobabble Mon 27-Jul-09 21:25:41

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 27-Jul-09 21:28:46

Ikea?

Psychobabble Mon 27-Jul-09 21:43:51

blithedance Mon 27-Jul-09 21:47:49

You won't need anything under an Alpkit airic as it's already insulating - are you sure you don't mean an airbed?

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 27-Jul-09 21:51:23

We take a double air mattress with fleece lining, covered with a sheet, and sleep with a kingsize duvet, and a fluffy pillow each. We put a hippy throw under the mattress, and have a throw for over it in case we get cold. I wear normal jimjams and this weekend, I was toasty snug.

Sleeping bags are so restrictive to move in, I dislike them.

DD has a ready bed with a sleeping bag type thing attached to it, and wears fleece jimjams, and has a blanket over the top too. She also invariably ends up in bed with us!

Psychobabble Mon 27-Jul-09 22:06:09

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now