Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

oh fgs will it NEVER stop raining?

(13 Posts)
Fillyjonk Sun 26-Jul-09 19:35:26

Have been rained off 3 camping trips this summer already.

fgs

angry

we are running out of summer

STOP RAINING FGS angry <fierce>

Frizbe Sun 26-Jul-09 19:36:26

Next week apparently hmm fingers x'd it does cheer up I wanna go camping sometime in Aug too!

moondog Sun 26-Jul-09 19:37:38

Eh?
I thought it was meant to get hot again.
If any consolation, it's monsoon season here in bangladesh and I have never seen rain like it.Kids were swimming today in it and I couldactually see surface of fairly large pool rising.
Atleast it's warm rain I suppose.

pointydog Sun 26-Jul-09 19:43:46

rainy summers are very tiresome

PestoMonster Sun 26-Jul-09 19:48:46

I thought it was s'posed to be a hot dry one this year?

bibbitybobbityhat Sun 26-Jul-09 19:51:38

We are going camping for the first time ever this coming weekend and if it rains DH will hold me personally responsible and we will never do it again (even though me and the dc are keen) - so fingers crossed.

Lilyloo Sun 26-Jul-09 19:51:51

We off tom and forecast looks better enxt week.
Going for a week at end of August so crossing fingers!

FlamongoBongo Sun 26-Jul-09 19:52:37

Go anyway! Just take waterproofs and have a plan for if everything gets so wet you can't dry it!

troutpout Sun 26-Jul-09 20:20:34

Go anyway.

Fillyjonk Sun 26-Jul-09 20:52:44

yeah but its not drizzle rain. I'd go if its drizzle rain. round here its horizontal rain. then 10 minutes of sun to taunt us. then more horizontal rain.

last week i thought, sod it, go anyway

put up tent in light drizzle, kids scraper to playground, i get cup of coffee from shop

lo heavens open. In 30 minutes, rain was pooling inside my 3000 HH tent. Was immensely hard to pack away too, as tent was full of water. Have seriously never been so wet angry.

i shall do sundance and report back

pointydog Mon 27-Jul-09 12:18:26

peeing down today. Gets on my nerves too and I don't even camp.

sherby Mon 27-Jul-09 12:21:25

we were supposed to be going to cornwall this friday but have relocated closer to home now as it is rubbish all weekend

troutpout Mon 27-Jul-09 16:27:04

We are off to Anglesey on wednesday. I don't mind rain so much...it's wind that i hate when i'm camping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now