Talk

Advanced search

Getting a tent bargain.

(9 Posts)
cousinsandra Sun 26-Jul-09 18:04:48

In your experience/opinion is it worth holding out a few weeks to buy our new 8man tent in the hope that they will start the sales, or will they (tent outlets) cunningly wait until the end of the summer when everyone is back to school? What do you reckon?

lou031205 Sun 26-Jul-09 18:36:32

We got ours in classified ads on UKcampsite. Was around £600 brand new, and we got it for £100 in pristine condition.

cousinsandra Sun 26-Jul-09 20:55:13

thanks for your reply - I have looked on there and on ebay, gumtree and local ads, but nothing suitable at this stage. I just wondered if anyone had experience of when the major outlets start discounting - if it's like the clothes stores and they start selling winter clothes in august so sell the old stock off!

MrsBartlet Tue 28-Jul-09 20:53:47

Bumping for you as I would like to buy a tent in the sales too!

gigglewitch Tue 28-Jul-09 20:58:24

I know that a few good retailers local to us have got their sales going now, one is near us but also does a major online business - is any of this of any interest to you? wink

lisad123 Tue 28-Jul-09 21:45:24

my mum swears that you should wait till end of summer for a bargain.
I got a huge bargain on ebay last week, so worth looking still

gigglewitch Tue 28-Jul-09 21:52:20

we bought ours just before aug bank hol - a fan-bloody-tastic deal grin

MrsBartlet Tue 28-Jul-09 22:22:30

Thanks for the link gigglewitch. I am going to hold out till the end of the summer and see if I can get a bargain - we haven't got any free weekends before the end of the school holidays to go camping so we may as well wait!

cousinsandra Wed 29-Jul-09 21:28:19

ooh, thanks for the re-activity. Have been obsessively trawling all the websites and seeing 10/20 pounds off here and there which is then made back on carpets/accessories. Do I have the cojones to hold out til the last minute!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now