Talk

Advanced search

good campsite Norfolk... that may not be fully booked for August B/H...

(15 Posts)
suggy Sun 26-Jul-09 14:53:07

Got a weekend planned with friends for Norfolk B/H. Most of of the ones I've seen are for the deviants in caravans. Any recommendations so I can get the last few pitches in the county... Thanks :-)

Claire2301 Sun 26-Jul-09 17:24:00

The campsite between East and West Runton is fab. 5 mins from Sheringham. Might be booked though......

Kbear Sun 26-Jul-09 18:00:22

Banham, next door to Banham Zoo, near Diss

suggy Sun 26-Jul-09 19:59:16

Do you know the names to find ? was it this one Claire manor farm

and this one banham zoo

I wish campsites would get the internet... Its so exhausting this phoning round. Esp since booking a month in advance in August is silly

Kbear Sun 26-Jul-09 21:20:57

Look on uk campsite for reviews etc, most campsites are on there now I would think

sherby Sun 26-Jul-09 21:27:02

we are going here

acres and acres so you don't need to book, and you are allowed a campfire

Katymac Sun 26-Jul-09 21:34:23

Clippesby is supposed to be nice & there are some in Thurne

thedolly Sun 26-Jul-09 21:39:33

Kelling Heath v. nice and large too so you might be lucky

james79 Sun 26-Jul-09 23:06:47

We are also going to Breck farm Sherby, woods for the kids and looking forward to the campfire! smile

Claire2301 Sun 26-Jul-09 23:18:12

Hey sorry taken me ages to reply. This is the one nere

kiwibella Mon 27-Jul-09 12:02:15

I tried Clippesby and Manor Farm but no availability for when we were looking to go

Katymac Mon 27-Jul-09 13:42:03

Broad Farm @Fleggburgh

White house Farm @Repps

Willow Croft @Repps

woodside Farm @Thurne

Red House Farm @Thurne

Waxham Sands Camping & caravanning

Walnut Farm @Sea Palling

suggy Tue 28-Jul-09 22:22:56

Only one that could do my dates was Forest hill at Cromer. Read the feedback on ukcampsite etc and its okay but noisy, windy and hilly... Plus we have an electric hook-up pitch which means noisy TVs and music...

kalo12 Tue 28-Jul-09 22:42:23

Breck farm is fab, real fires, hens everywhere. forest.

occasional teenage dirtbags

Blu Wed 29-Jul-09 16:52:04

I'm guessing that old favourites like Stiffkey are booked up? Though I have got in there at the last minute on a cancellation, and beause they (used to, anyway) reserve some pitches for bookings on the day.

Galley Hill Farm in Blakeney is simply a field on the outskirts of a lovely village - very few facilities, but it takes very few tents, and when I stayed I never had to queue for the toilet or shower.

Pinewoods in Wells didn't look very booked up when I walked past last week. The caravan part of the site is teeming, but the tent overspil field looks lovely - tenst in clumps of reeds etc. Quite basic, and Wells is such a fab beach, to be within easy walking distance is a good opportunity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now