Talk

Advanced search

Getting frustrated and need MN help!

(13 Posts)
FlamongoBongo Sat 25-Jul-09 07:40:10

A couple of years ago I bought a cheap plastic picnic set from Asda for 6 people. It's all been redistributed around the house, and now we're going camping I want to buy another one to go into our camping box to stay there!

But can I find one? No angry

I feel like I've looked everywhere. At this rate I'm going to have to buy a 4 person and a 2 person backpack for lots of ££££

Please can someone help me!?

Does no one have 6 people in their families anymore, unless they are rolling in it and can afford the huge hamper sets?

Overmydeadbody Sat 25-Jul-09 07:43:46

Oh gosh, I'm trying to think where I last saw a six person one.

Are you in a rush for it? Otherwise I'm sure there are some online you can order.

Have you tried argos? John Lewis? Mountain Warehouse?

Overmydeadbody Sat 25-Jul-09 07:46:56

what's your budget?

would this be out of your range?

I suspect this is not what you are after!grin

Overmydeadbody Sat 25-Jul-09 07:49:20

What I would do though, is buy the 4 person and 2 person and put them together in one backpack, or buy individual plastic or melamine bowls, plates and cups from cheap plases.

Whittards have their plastic cups at half price at the moment, I think £4 for 4 cups...

FlamongoBongo Sat 25-Jul-09 08:10:44

grin Budget is much smaller than that - as cheap as possible really. We've already spent far too much on camping stuff.

Buying individual stuff and making up a bag sounds like a good idea - the backpacks seem unneccessarily expensive though...

Overmydeadbody Sat 25-Jul-09 10:20:27

Yep, out of my budget too!

Buying individually is best i think, especially in the sales. Might be worth trying poundland if you have on e near you too, and garden centres/hardware stores/homebase etc.

teamcullen Sat 25-Jul-09 10:28:26

Asda sell cheap individual plates, bowls, cups etc... If you have a few weeks to go you could pick up some each week.

Have you tried Instore/ Poundstrecher?

Do you have a Home Bargins where you live? they have great bargins

I used to have a 4 piece set when the kids were small and just added the old melamine plates and cups out of the cupboard. You know, the kids charactor plates.

somewhathorrified Sat 25-Jul-09 10:42:27

Ikea used to sell plastic plates, cups and bowls which were perfect for camping (they came in a 6 pack). Look in the kiddie section.

blowbroth Sat 25-Jul-09 10:54:18

POund land/poundstretcher are worth looking in.

FlamongoBongo Sat 25-Jul-09 10:55:58

The ikea ones are tiny though!

Will look in the other suggested shops.

WigglewithWine Sat 25-Jul-09 22:10:34

B&Q had all their picnic plates etc. half price last week. Also found some half price in Sainsburys. All individual, not in sets, so you could make up your own set.

serinBrightside Sat 25-Jul-09 22:57:47

Poundland have sets of 4 bowls, 4 plates, for £1 each. They are plastic, not melamine, so don't have to worry about staining and I can confirm that mine have stood up to being microwaved. They have them in dark blue or dark pink and they are square.

FlamongoBongo Sun 26-Jul-09 18:07:32

Thanks, I found some lovely poundland ones, which are surprisingly nice smile white with pretty flowers on.

Just need some mugs now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now