Talk

Advanced search

Sumners Pond camping in Horsham

(9 Posts)
helsbels4 Fri 24-Jul-09 15:30:29

Dh has just booked us in for four nights there in August and whilst it looks like a nice campsite, I've also heard that children have to be fairly quiet because of the anglers and there isn't really much for children to do.

Has anyone on here been there and can they tell me what it's like please!!! From what I can gather, we are in the main camping field and not the rally field but is that good, bad or indifferent???

I don't usually like camping when everywhere is busy and noisy and I'm just worried that we'll be crammed in and I'll hate every minute!

Any advice will be very welcomed grin

Glitterknickaz Fri 24-Jul-09 16:09:21

I live in Horsham so have never stayed there....

Barns Green is a very rural place, about ten minutes' drive from Horsham itself.
If the weather is wet there is a place called The Springboard Project in Horsham town centre which you can use weekdays for soft play etc.

Twenty minutes away in Wisborough Green is Fishers Farm Park which is a great day out for the kids.

Sorry I can't be more help on the actual site itself - I just know Barns Green is very rural with not much happening.

geogteach Fri 24-Jul-09 16:12:36

We are going for a couple of nights in the first week of Aug so can report back after that.

helsbels4 Fri 24-Jul-09 16:14:53

Thanks Glitterknickaz smile. I'll have a look at The Springboard Project because it usually rains whenever we go camping grin and I don't fancy staying in the tent for too long with two bored children!
We went to Fishers Farm Park a few years ago and it was a great day out, so definitely hoping to visit there again!

helsbels4 Fri 24-Jul-09 16:15:54

Ooh are you geogteach?! I'll wait with baited breath for a report from you wink

Glitterknickaz Fri 24-Jul-09 16:17:51

www.springboardproject.org.uk/

helsbels4 Fri 24-Jul-09 16:24:31

That looks really lovely, thanks for that

batgirl Thu 30-Jul-09 17:44:17

I've stayed at Sumner's Pond, a few years ago & enjoyed it.
It is basically split into two, the anglers' field & the campers' field. The campers' field was possibly a bit "organised" for my taste, but was small & friendly. (We walked around the fishing ponds & anglers' field & didn't feel very welcome there!) There is a small children's play area, in the campers' area, & no need to keep children quiet during the day. There are also woods adjacent to the site which children can play/build dens/cycle etc.

Hope you have some good weather!

geogteach Fri 07-Aug-09 20:24:02

We are just back. I liked it, it is fairly organised, the kids happily kept themselves amused on the play equipment and in the woods. Nice cafe in the anglers bit but everyone is welcome. Our first day was very hot and there isn't much shade on the tent pitches (some of the caravan ones have shade from the woods). The staff were very helpful. We spent an afternoon at Southwater country park about 3 miles away where there is a lake with a beach that the kids paddled in and an adventure playground. Shame it rained last night and this morning and I have a soggy tent to dry out before next week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now