(8 Posts)
supersalstrawberry Thu 23-Jul-09 12:58:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Curiousmama Thu 23-Jul-09 13:02:06

Hi Sally you should ask on mums-tent wink

Curiousmama Thu 23-Jul-09 13:03:06

The Rising sun is a good pub 10 minutes away, nice meals smile

holdingittogether Thu 23-Jul-09 14:11:33

We are there this weekend! Will watch what people have to say. I am guessing you are talking New Forest near Christchurch?
We are planning to go to Mudeford or Hegistbury head but they are not sandy. Highcliff is sandy I think.

BramblyHedge Thu 23-Jul-09 18:23:07

We went there this weekend and had a lovely day at Mudeford. Mine are too young for crabbing but loved watching it all. Took the boat over to the spit where there are lots of colourful beach huts and had fun on the beach despite the weather. Later went to Corfe Castle which is a bit of a trek but was worth it.

If you have bikes for kids, quite a lot of the site is concrete so good for riding.

Not sure that there is much in the way of views - it is very flat. I didn't see anything apart from trees and tents! We didn't have a choice of pitches as it was chocker. We ended up to the right, in an island (ie the road went fully around us) and although not what we would have chosen, it was fine.

supersalstrawberry Thu 23-Jul-09 20:28:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Curiousmama Fri 24-Jul-09 11:34:09

Hope you get good weather too Sally. It's weird weather here today, looks like rain then sun out, looks like rain then...... Hoping it's good this weekend. I've organised most of the stuff but need to do a bit more and food shopping. Doing a panackelty and freezing it for Sunday's grub grin

Alambil Fri 24-Jul-09 21:35:19

I'm going to Holmsley on 6th Aug for a week so take notes grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now