Talk

Advanced search

yarwell mill, nr peterborough

(6 Posts)
sarahpea Thu 23-Jul-09 12:17:47

has anyone stayed here?

truthisinthewine Thu 23-Jul-09 12:20:09

No, but I live near peterborough, were you after camping info or local info?

sarahpea Thu 23-Jul-09 12:23:05

were thinking of camping there, is there a village pub to walk to near it?!

Watching with interest as I would like to camp there.

truthisinthewine Thu 23-Jul-09 12:27:46

Sorry have no idea i'm afraid, would you be able to ring the site and ask? I live just slightly further south than that is, so could probably help with wider info but not quite as local as that.

sarahpea Sun 26-Jul-09 18:28:16

we went and...it was perfect! we were in a tent with no EHU, it was basically loads of caravans with their fancy awnings etc, then a huuuuge field where you could pitch where you liked, it backed onto the river nene but not near enough to worry with small children - mine is 2 1/2 or a wheat looking field, there was no clubhouse or shop and the toilets/showers were a good 5 min walk away but as we only stayed 1 night didnt use them, although the field was huge there weren't many campers there due to them limiting numbers due to there only being 3 showers in each male/female block, it was a get away from it all safe for children place, we walked into the next village, about 15min walk to a lovley pub in Nissington and you can also walk to the Nene Valley train station from the campsite, something we're gonna do next time! oh and they have a chip van that comes at 7.00 if thats your thing! and an ice cream van! loved it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now