Talk

Advanced search

Do you expect a fair amount of noise in the night from lo's if you go to a family site ?

(14 Posts)
Lilyloo Wed 22-Jul-09 20:28:29

DD 18 mths struggled to settle when we went away last weekend.
She was up 2/3+ times a little upset in the night.
Luckily we were on overflow so field was quiet.
Next week we were supposed to be going to a small basic site predominantly used by walkers.
We have now changed to a bigger family site closer to home and have also ordered a travel cot for dd.

My thinking being i need to get her used to it, maybe ?
Can also bring her home if she carries on too much ?

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Wed 22-Jul-09 21:59:24

from lo's yes but not from noisy adults who i think should realise the troubles we have settling them and shut up and have consideration. We just had similar on Mon when away with our 2 and a half yr old - he was overexciteable and unsure - part of me thinks get used to as he did love the whole thing really ten other part thinks another yr willmake all the difference. Later in the month of august should be better though as it doesnt help having really light nights and wtf is it with bright white inners of tents grrrrrrrrr

sweatybits Wed 22-Jul-09 22:47:03

Upset baby or toddler at night although a pain, I wouldn't be pissed of at parents or anything, as said if adults or older kids/ teenagers being allowed to carry on or play radios etc then I would be pissed off.

Most kids seem to run mad all day then crash at night so not often a problem, but babies and younger toddlers efen if settled at home I could imagine their routines might be all mixed up.

kathyis6incheshigh Wed 22-Jul-09 22:50:41

our biggest problem this time round was keeping our dcs (2&4) quiet in the mornings, when they woke up early.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Thu 23-Jul-09 07:54:39

when ours woke up they didnt make massive noise and it was 7.45-8am so i just thought oh well its pay back for 'mick' and giggled with them louder than usual.

FourArms Thu 23-Jul-09 08:04:51

Other kids don't bother me at all, I'm just thankful it's not mine and go straight back to sleep. Unfortunately, it is often mine.

kathyis6incheshigh Thu 23-Jul-09 08:32:16

Fourarms - yes, there's something lovely and cosy about hearing a baby cry in someone else's tent!

LOL @ payback for Mick.
I have realised, bizarrely, that since having children I sleep better on campsites because I used to get hugely wound up and angry about people making noise after 11 - I would lie there feeling furious and helpless and be kept awake as much by my own over-reaction as by the noise. Now I just think 'oh well, I'll get my revenge later when my children wake up!' and smile evilly and go to sleep.

hercules1 Thu 23-Jul-09 10:05:55

Doesnt bother me. Much rather noisy kids than drunk adults having an argument.

seeker Thu 23-Jul-09 10:13:23

Crying and upset fine (well, not fine for course, but you know what I mean!) - running riot not fine.

Ripeberry Thu 23-Jul-09 10:17:13

When camping you have to let routine go out of the window and just all settle down at the same time around 10pm when it gets dark.
Also a better chance of them sleeping in!

misschatterbox Thu 23-Jul-09 10:18:15

Noisy children does not bother us at all. Our kids will make a noise at some point during the day/night well camping. Even if it wakes me up, I just think - oh, not mine, phew! Then go back to sleep grin
It is only the loud music, because I can't sleep and know that I am going to have to be up really early with our dds.

Curiousmama Thu 23-Jul-09 11:25:15

Not bothered by children but dogs that yap drive me crazy although I know it can't be helped.

Ripeberry Thu 23-Jul-09 11:25:23

Loud music and swearing! That's my top hates of camping. Last August we just managed to get into a campsite (did not book, just hoped to find one) and it was on a farm and the field had a slope but no-one could get further up the field due to the mud and cars were basically going sideways shock
So everyone ended up camping at the bottom and we had the familly from hell next to us.
Spent all evening swearing and shouting (two mums and their teenage boys X3) and they did not go to sleep until 2am!
Then there was a thunderstorm, one of the teenagers was sick (too much booze) and they argued the rest of the morning.
Glad it was our last night.

Lilyloo Thu 23-Jul-09 14:44:21

phew , thanks all makes me feel better and glad i have chosen a site with other families.
I agree another persons child wouldn't bother me either!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now