I'm back from Dorset

(15 Posts)
supersalstrawberry Wed 22-Jul-09 19:06:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

supersalstrawberry Wed 22-Jul-09 19:09:24

hercules1 Wed 22-Jul-09 19:09:44

Lol at shouting to camper in next tent.

I usually go camping at this time of year and glad I'm not having seen the weather.

We're going in a couple of weeks for 2 weeks so hope it picks up. Fed up of camping in the rain.

We have a caravan now but unable to use it this year.

supersalstrawberry Wed 22-Jul-09 19:41:24

supersalstrawberry Wed 22-Jul-09 19:46:07

Oooh we had bad weather too in Norfolk, shocking wind and rain.

We also had a leaky airbed, but orded a new one over the phone and had it delivered to the campsite the next daygrin.

One night wind was so scarey, did seriously think to myself that I was never camping again, but I think holidaying under canvas is like childbirth, your mind convieniently blocks out all the awful bits to allow you to go and do it againgrin.

supersalstrawberry Wed 22-Jul-09 20:50:41

kiwibella Thu 23-Jul-09 14:44:53

wildthing... where did you stay in Norfolk? I'm procrastinating trying to book ours this afternoon. I'm looking at Kelling Heath atm.

CurryMaid Thu 23-Jul-09 14:47:01

Oh I'm just back from Dorset too, what part did you go to?

TheVenerableUponHighGoat Thu 23-Jul-09 14:48:19

last year we slept next to a horrendous snorer. luckily it was my brother so i got up and shook him violently. he had no memory the next day.

sally you need to camp somewhere warm and dry - france is nice!

SetSquare Thu 23-Jul-09 14:54:17

I would never camp in England tbh

France is the only way to go and SOUTH

supersalstrawberry Thu 23-Jul-09 20:31:16

kiwibella here. We go every year, it's lovely.

kiwibella Thu 23-Jul-09 22:04:08

thanks wildthing... one of the places I called today recommended it (they had no availability!). It looks like they are booked for August but I'll give them a call in the morning to see.

stellsie Fri 24-Jul-09 17:09:09

we are off to Wilksworth Farm which is Wimborne Minster in Dorset - does anyone know it??? Any opinions welcome please! (but only if they're good wink)

We are going 15th August - for 1 week - never been for longer than 3 nights before.

Jo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now