Talk

Advanced search

your challenge : find me a campsite in france for 1st two weeks August

(10 Posts)
peanutbrittle Wed 22-Jul-09 10:27:00

(or 2nd two week, am not too fussy grin)

ideally with a pool and by a sandy beach and (here's the crunch which is causing me much hassle) where I can pitch my own tent rather than move into a chalet/mobile/ready pitch tent (am broke, need to use my own)

can anyone work magic and find me something lovely???

alexw Wed 22-Jul-09 10:42:15

We stayed here last week. Was lovely.Took our own tent and stuff. There are chalets and mobile set up on site as well. Not near beach, but had its own artificial one. We stayed in Le Parc (different areas of site have different names) and it was great. HTH.
http://www.la-croix-du-vieux-pont.com/uk/accueil.php

alexw Wed 22-Jul-09 10:43:39

Oh and much cheaper to book directly rather than go through eurocamp. They actually lost my booking but it didn't matter as the site was so big.

kentmumtj Wed 22-Jul-09 10:45:18

have you tried alan rogers google them they have loads of sites ive been to a few in south of france and am going back to serignang plague the middle 2 weeks in august

Chevre Wed 22-Jul-09 10:52:19

raguennes is good but i have only been out of season so i imagine it is teaming with anglais in august

Chevre Wed 22-Jul-09 10:52:34

and yes to alan rogers

usuallydormant Wed 22-Jul-09 11:03:23

We stayed here in June www.interlude.fr
It's on the Ile de Re, just off La Rochelle. Island is fantastic: we just parked the car and hired bikes as the whole island is covered in cycle paths.

We had our own tent and got a lovely shady spot. Best bit: it is actually on the most magnificent sandy beach, kilometres long with lifeguards. There is also a pool in the campsite, not a huge complex but suited us fine.

Was really impressed with the campsite - eurocamp and canvas are there and the site lets its own chalets out too. It was pretty quiet at night in June with no noise allowed after 11.

Il de Re is meant to be really busy in August so you would definitely need to book.

peanutbrittle Wed 22-Jul-09 12:16:21

interlude looks fab - exactly what we were after, but seems to be fully booked (says "situation indisponsable" or somesuch)

alan roger site seems very useful

alexW - the one you recommend looks good - they mention noise from passing aircraft at military camp - was it really noisy?

was the artificial beach grim and gritty or proper sand? (was practically brought up on fabulous huge sandy beach in ireland - have very high requirements of my beaches grin)

thanks

alexw Wed 22-Jul-09 16:43:54

Did not notice any aircraft noise. Beach not great if you're used to Ireland... Lots to do though and site was really lovely.

kentmumtj Wed 22-Jul-09 17:09:26

what part of france you planning to go to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now