Talk

Advanced search

What light? And does anyone have this table?

(12 Posts)
FlamingoOfTheShineyCult Mon 20-Jul-09 22:33:09

1. Need to buy a light that will shed plenty of light from up high. Our current battery powered lanterns are ok but they don't shed much light downwards when they're hanging up - we ended up with them on the floor last time.

I saw these in Attwoolls today - has anyone got one? Are they any good? Does the reflective surface actually shed much light downwards? And is winding them up each day a real pain?

Can anyone recommend anything else?

2. Still on my perfect camp kitchen quest - has anyone got one of these who can comment on how good or crap it is? grin

Thanks!

sweatybits Mon 20-Jul-09 22:59:55

The wind up light only gives 15min light between each wind.

I have one very similar to this. It gives 1hr of full light. I use it in my van and porop it up where required, even lie it on my pillow for reading. I am sure you could figure out a way to have it above.

DrZeus Mon 20-Jul-09 23:12:13

I have a camp kitchen very similar to the one in the pic. Very good - I really like it. You can store plates/cutlery/some food bits and bobs in the black zippy bit and you've got a worksurface to prepare food without taking up too much space on another table. Also has windbreak which is essential if cooking in force 9 gale (like we did last summer!!). Would recommend.

FlamingoOfTheShineyCult Tue 21-Jul-09 08:30:16

That lamp looks good, Sweatybits (love your name btw grin). Will have a look for one locally.

And thanks for the feedback DrZeus. I am imagining having to pick it up to put it inside the tent at night/when we go out - is that easy to do without it collapsing on you? Wondering if I'd be better with separates from that point of view?

Just to say there is no need to bring your kitchen inside unless you want to, we just set ours up outside and leave it until we go home.

CMOTdibbler Tue 21-Jul-09 09:10:50

Thanks for linking to the kitchen as it was just what I was looking for.

We were in Attwoolls on Sunday. I love that shop - fortunatly so does DS

FlamingoOfTheShineyCult Tue 21-Jul-09 09:49:08

Do you leave your stove outside too, WTWTW? And all your cooking/foody gubbins?

CMOT - I love all the stupidly humungous palaces tents they have in there grin

CMOTdibbler Tue 21-Jul-09 09:53:16

Fab aren't they - DS decided that we should buy a trailer tent hmm. Since we've just bought a humungous tent (although tis modular, so don't have to have all the bedrooms on it, or indeed the chef annexe), I can't judge

bunnyrabbit Tue 21-Jul-09 10:27:04

I have a kitchen very similar to that, but without the larder bit. Very easy to carry in and out as very light and doesn't collapse when I do it.

FlamingoOfTheShineyCult Tue 21-Jul-09 10:28:46

Thanks Bunny - just what I wanted to hear smile

nikkid21 Tue 21-Jul-09 10:39:50

Have you seen this - looks like a good deal

here

comes with the coleman saucepan set too.

Yep, everything lives outside, really it's fine smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now