Talk

Advanced search

do kids make friends with other kids on site usually?

(10 Posts)
Alambil Sun 19-Jul-09 23:17:16

am slightly worried at the idea of entertaining DS for an entire week away on our own... hmmm

also, how do I stop him roaming the site without me (I feel he's too young to go off totally alone? (at a distance I don't mind as long as he's in view)

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 19-Jul-09 23:21:19

Depends on the kid.

Some just hook up with whoever's around. My DS is a bit more aloof. (sadly but that's the way he is)

Kbear Sun 19-Jul-09 23:22:40

they make friends within seconds and he will only come back for food and water! You will relax after a while, once you've checked out the site and given him his boundaries.

Where you going?

gigglewitch Sun 19-Jul-09 23:26:44

mine do - I tell them how far away from our tent / caravan they are allowed to go, ds1&2 given a wider boundary than dd - who basically has to stay in sight and on our field as she's only 3.6 smile
They have a heap of 'holiday friends' that they keep in touch with now - awwww!!

gigglewitch Sun 19-Jul-09 23:27:51

ps lewis - ds1 has the old housebrick style mobile with about a fiver worth of payg on it wink just to be safe!

Alambil Sun 19-Jul-09 23:38:08

lol ds wouldn't know how to use a mobile... well not to make calls

I will just have to see how it goes I guess

Kbear we're going to the new forest

gigglewitch Sun 19-Jul-09 23:43:11

noooo, you assume too much lewis wink

It's so I can nag him grin grin

Alambil Sun 19-Jul-09 23:44:22

lol lol lol

snorkle Mon 20-Jul-09 13:06:29

depends on personality - most do (some more easily than others), but the more introverted ones need encouragement & a bit of effort from others (you usually) to make it happen.

ZoeC Mon 20-Jul-09 13:25:39

Depends also on the site - last week there were so few campers where we stayed (and so much rain around the times people were actually on site) that there wasn't much opportunity. In May, I barely saw them they were always off with other children which was fab. The site then was busier and better weather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now