Talk

Advanced search

Anyone speak French? Booking a site in france

(8 Posts)
flame17 Sun 19-Jul-09 17:52:57

Hi
I am wanting to book a site in France but my french isn't too hot! blush
I was looking at the price sheet can anyone tell me what "etape camping car" is?

According to the cotract, they want a deposit, how can I pay a deposit in euros?

Thanks for any help

twoluvlykids Sun 19-Jul-09 17:58:38

try google translator/bablefish for any words you don't know. I don't know how you will pay them in euros - will a debit card charge be automatically exchanged at the correct rate?

good luck - it's highly probably they speak good English - or use an email translation service themselves!

bigTillyMint Sun 19-Jul-09 18:34:47

When we book, the money goes off your cards in euros.

IME French campsites speak excellent English!

WynkenBlynkenandNod Sun 19-Jul-09 18:37:48

There is a prepaid Mastercard that Martin Lewis recommends to use abroad where you buy Euros to load the card up. You could then give them the card number once it is set up if you wanted to avoid transaction fees on your regular credit card.

MrsMcCluskey Sun 19-Jul-09 18:38:49

is it a camper van?

WynkenBlynkenandNod Sun 19-Jul-09 18:39:09

It would help if I like to it - here!

Othersideofthechannel Sun 19-Jul-09 18:39:33

'Etape camping car' means it's a place where motorhomes/campervans can stop. It probably has facilities for emptying campervan toilets, refilling water etc.

flame17 Sun 19-Jul-09 19:47:19

Thanks everybody, I have a post office card that I can load with Euro's so maybe that's the way to go.
Thanks othersideofthechannel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now