Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

tent campsites ? recommendations in the west country please

(11 Posts)
Andthentherewerethree Sun 19-Jul-09 17:52:30

we finally brought a tent and now need some recommendations for good sites in the west country, we love cornwall and holiday there most years but usually in a hired cottage. anyone know of anywhere good in or around perranporth/newquay?

Kbear Sun 19-Jul-09 17:57:28

Ruthern Valley - near Bodmin - about twenty minute drive from Perranporth

We went there at Easter - no club or pub or any facilities like that BUT it was quiet, peaceful, eco-friendly, dark and safe for the kids - have a look at their website. We loved it.

Also we liked Padstow - found a great pub for food right on the harbour.

barbie1 Sun 19-Jul-09 17:58:33

harlyn sands, watergate bay, perrenporth........

Andthentherewerethree Sun 19-Jul-09 18:33:05

ooh thanks some to look up.

Andthentherewerethree Sun 19-Jul-09 18:34:10

we usually stya in perranporth as tyhe children love the beach and its safe and has a small inlet for the younger oens to paddle in.
we've stayed in a few places but haven't managed to get to padstow yet, so thats def one to look up.

Kbear Sun 19-Jul-09 18:58:30

barbie1 - is that you Pots?

Kbear Sun 19-Jul-09 18:59:28

ah, just checked your profile, you're not who I thought you might be!!

barbie1 Mon 20-Jul-09 05:57:08

no problems its not the first time ive been mistaken for pots? if you need a ny more help just ask, i grew up in the westcountry and spent many a summer holiday camping!

barbie1 Mon 20-Jul-09 05:58:19

a few more ideas for you

barbie1 Mon 20-Jul-09 05:59:23

stayed in both white acres and hendra as kids and it was always nice if i remember correctly hmm

melrose Mon 20-Jul-09 09:30:31

Wooda Farm in Bude in fab. Went there at half term. Nice family friendly site. great playground and tractor rides on a monday. lovley facilities all v clean and lots of hot water. About a mile from the beach which si lovely with lifeguards, pretty town and a good swimming pool, huge soft play centre and tenpin bowling if it should rain (we were very thankful for this!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now