Talk

Advanced search

Bell tent tips please

(6 Posts)
FlamingoOfTheShineyCult Sun 19-Jul-09 17:34:31

Well, we put it up! We're at my parents' house as their garden is nice and big. It looks absolutely fab and I love it - thankfully so do the children and DH grin

It's been rained on. So now I need tips on how to get it dry. My parents will keep hold of it until it's dry, but is there anything we can do to help the process apart from just wait for sunny weather?

There is so much water on it in beads just sitting there - is there a clever way of swishing them all off? Even from right at the top?

How do other bell tenters get theirs dry enough to pack away?

sarah293 Sun 19-Jul-09 17:41:43

Message withdrawn

sarah293 Sun 19-Jul-09 17:42:02

Message withdrawn

FlamingoOfTheShineyCult Sun 19-Jul-09 18:37:06

5m

So I just need to go around shaking it before taking it down? It hasn't rained for a while now, but it also hasn't 'sunned' so the beads of water haven't dried off.

sarah293 Sun 19-Jul-09 18:43:39

Message withdrawn

FlamingoOfTheShineyCult Mon 20-Jul-09 07:19:24

We threw a towel up to the top in the end, and then jumped up from inside to bounce it down collecting all the water drops. Then we spread it out inside the sitting room over night and it all dried fine. I feel very pleased we have a plan for drying it now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now