Talk

Advanced search

If you've got or have had an aluminium camping table...

(16 Posts)
MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 19-Jul-09 11:47:18

Is it a problem when the sun shines on it? Does it get a bit glary if it catches the sunlight?

Just wondering.

Of course not much hope of sun.

But just thinking of buying a new table.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sun 19-Jul-09 12:27:33

ours is more dull so not like glaring bright shiney - they are 14.99 in makro atm if you have one local - will be testign ours tomorow but like you dont expect much sun!

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 19-Jul-09 16:28:40

Ooh how big's the makro one?

Ummm, I take a tablecloth blush.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 19-Jul-09 17:04:36

Is it a flowery one??? grin

I actually have 2 blush the cloth one goes on first as a squishy layer and then the wipe clean plastic one (with pretty strawberries on) goes over the top.

I am turning into my mother blush She takes a cloth away when they go on holiday to France, just to spread over the wooden picnic tables in the service areas on the journey there and back.

Oh the shame...

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sun 19-Jul-09 18:53:49

the makro one is 70X70 and was on promo as off last wed smile .

Lucycat Sun 19-Jul-09 19:03:47

I also have a tablecloth this gorgeous apple design one metre is great, also doubles up as a picnic table!

we have this pear fabric at home blush

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 19-Jul-09 21:55:45

biscuits - we used one of our towels last year to do the same. Not sure if that makes us scummy or sad!

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 19-Jul-09 21:57:08

Lucy, I can't open your link.

So are you lot saying that camping with table cloths is what we should all be doing? <astonished>

gigglewitch Sun 19-Jul-09 21:59:54

pmsl @ sun grin (whats that?)

the good thing about our aluminium table is that the rain falls straight through the gaps wink between the slats.

Am pmsl at the talk and links of flowery tablecloths - you all sound like my mother grin
She uses these wacky clip thingys too to make sure her tablecloth doesn't blow away - perish the thought shock

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 19-Jul-09 22:00:32

Surely the beer bottles hold the cloth down?

Lucycat Sun 19-Jul-09 23:06:40

wine box holds it down - we do as the French do. No flowers tho' grin

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 19-Jul-09 23:14:00

Tell me you don't hang bunting round the edge too? wink

aarghhelp Mon 20-Jul-09 14:41:54

Aha but I want wacky clip things for our tablecloth at home to help stop DS pulling it off the table...

gigglewitch Mon 20-Jul-09 21:39:44

aargh - go to Hyacinth Bucket School. Then buy these blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now