Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recomment holiday park (stay in caravan/chalet) in Cornwall/Devon

(4 Posts)
2babyblues Thu 16-Jul-09 20:35:39

Hello,

Am trying to book a week in a caravan or chalet on a campsite in Cornwall or Devon in the first week of August.

Can anyone recommend anywhere nice?

I would preferably like beach access, heated outdoor pool and play park area. It would also be great to be able walk into a nice small town or village. I have 2 boys of 2 and 5.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

troutpout Fri 17-Jul-09 11:41:52

I know one that nearly fits the bill...the pool is indoor though.
Sea acres holiday park.
Kennack sands, Lizard,cornwall.
It's run by parkdean holidays...but it's very small and quiet.
You can walk down through the park and on a farmers track to the local beach or there is a very narrow road down .It's also a short drive from Kynance cove which is absolutely stunning.

2babyblues Fri 17-Jul-09 16:26:55

Thank you for that, looks lovely but unfortunately it is full when we want to go.
x

yosammitysam Sat 18-Jul-09 21:43:03

We stayed at one in Mawgan Porth (think it's just called Mawgan Porth Holiday Park) they have caravans and bungalows. Outdoor heated pool really clean and lovely views plus a kids playpark. Not a huge amount of open space for ball games etc but 3min walk to huge beautiful beach with sand, rock pools and a strea. Plus couple of pubs and shops, cafes on your doorstep. Very quiet at night etc so great for little children. We were very lucky as we stayed here a few years ago and had two weeks unbroken sunshine! We've never had this in Cornwall since!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now