Talk

Advanced search

Cote d'Azur campsite - alternatives to Canvas/Eurocamp?

(3 Posts)
fatsatsuma Thu 16-Jul-09 16:43:36

We don't want to take our own tent etc, and are looking for a simple family site with pool, nearish coast. Not at all bothered about on-site entertainment etc.

We've looked at Canvas and Eurocamp but wonder if there are smaller, privately owned sites which are just as nice. Recommendations anyone?

blowbroth Thu 16-Jul-09 18:50:27

Not much help to you but if you decide to take your own gear Camping de la Plage near Port Grimaud is great. There are no companies there with tents, no pool but it is on a beach. It is owned by a family and I would say is medium sized. We're off there in August and can't wait. I have been going there for almost 40 years! With my parents at first and now with my family! check it out here

fatsatsuma Thu 16-Jul-09 20:28:03

Thanks Blowbroth. It looks lovely but we aren't planning on taking our own gear this time - not enough room in the car for a start!

I don't know whether the big companies have a monopoly or whether you can find tents in situ on privately owned/smaller sites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now