Talk

Advanced search

I've just realised that if it rains, I'm gonna get wet....

(12 Posts)
Alambil Thu 16-Jul-09 09:33:56

very wet....

I have no jacket, no jeans, no trousers, no jumpers.....

hmm

I now have no money either....

buggerit

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Thu 16-Jul-09 09:44:23

Jeans are horrid in the wet anyway, cling and take ages to dry.

I find 3/4 length best of all for amping as the hems dont drag in the grass and get sodden.

raincoats- you can get cheap green ponchos in palces like Wilkinson for pennies (OK under a fiver anyway). Stylish perhas no, but certainly immensely practical. And no worse than my rugby tour raincoat

WingsTHEangel Thu 16-Jul-09 09:47:52

I agree with Peachy, jeans are a pain in the wet.

What do you have to wear.

Do you have a dressing gown ? you can always wear that in your tent if it's chilly.

Alambil Thu 16-Jul-09 10:07:18

have no trousers; well, one pair....

I will see if my uni money goes in at the end of the month and get something from that...

I only have skirts and one pair of linen trousers (long ones)

Ds has waterproof trousers and a jacket... I will just have to get wet!

kathyis6incheshigh Thu 16-Jul-09 10:10:50

If you can't buy anything new then choose which clothes you take based on how quickly they will dry, so thin fabrics rather than thick, and nylon rather than cotton if possible. You'll be ok - at least it's warm and wet rather than cold and wet.

And take lots of spare pants because if you get soaked through wet pants are nasty.

TsarChasm Thu 16-Jul-09 10:11:06

For camping, raid local charity shops for cheapy clothes..smile

(Actually I love charity shops anywayblush)

troutpout Thu 16-Jul-09 12:17:56

Charity shops for trousers...agree with the jeans thing...they are horrible when wet
cheapy raincoat from somewhere like tj hughs? or tk maxx? (you might drop lucky)
errm bin bag?
tbh...it doesn't matter if you get wet as long as you don't get cold. just make sure you have something dry to change into when you come in so that you can be warm.

Lucycat Thu 16-Jul-09 12:32:37

and you can always take an umbrella - the bigger the better for running to the loo, then leave it outside your tent.

anywayyyyy it might not rain! grin

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Thu 16-Jul-09 12:45:55

Lewis see [[http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380139616688&viewitem=&salenotsupported this?}}

i just bought it for you

they'reexpecting you to email your address

have a good trip

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Thu 16-Jul-09 12:46:07

here

Lucycat Thu 16-Jul-09 13:35:15

aww peachy how thoughtful!

Alambil Thu 16-Jul-09 16:19:01

thank you so much peachy - that really is very kind of you I will email them right away

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now