Talk

Advanced search

Heavy rain / strong winds on Friday do we still go ?

(9 Posts)
Lilyloo Wed 15-Jul-09 19:39:18

Monday is showing as lovely.
Would it be better to forgo Friday and try and book extra night Sunday ?

This will be our first trip so don't really want to be struggling to put tent up in pouring down rain.
Or is this my initiation into the camping world and good old British summers wink

Slubberdegullion Wed 15-Jul-09 19:41:44

Where are you headed?

Pitching tent in rain is a pita but dooable. Pitching in high winds is not recommended.

Slubberdegullion Wed 15-Jul-09 19:43:28

dooable? hmm do-able

throckenholt Wed 15-Jul-09 19:49:15

for a first trip I would avoid heavy rain and wind (forecast on Friday is awful - we have decided to travel north tomorrow instead of Friday and try and keep ahead of the rain).

Lilyloo Wed 15-Jul-09 19:50:56

Ripon we could go tom i guess just means ds misses last day of term or could do extra day Monday.
That if place not booked up!

bargainhuntingbetty Wed 15-Jul-09 19:51:19

I wouldnt beleive what the weather says, we cancelled plans to climb a hill with the dc's todday as it was meant to rain from 7am onwards. We didnt get any rain till around 2.30pm. It was accompanied by thunder tho.

Lilyloo Wed 15-Jul-09 20:33:28

Looks pretty bad on Sat now too hmm

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 15-Jul-09 23:06:10

How far are you going?

I'd be tempted to leave it till Saturday and then just see how it goes. Try and book an extra day.

It seems very sunshine and showers IMO. Friday is forecast as hideous htough.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Fri 17-Jul-09 09:50:14

lily did you go? were north ish and its torential.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now