Talk

Advanced search

Report back to base

(9 Posts)
Haywire Wed 15-Jul-09 14:21:37

Have been away for a week to Pembrokeshire buggerme was it wet at the start of the week never seen rain like it. Actually what am I saying that's a lie I live in Wales, but still. Twas hard work with 20 month old thank the Lord we have a ginormous tent. (also thanks to Slubber for song was useful)

End of week was lovely though and wonderful campsite owners were giving away free mackrel for dinner and got us a lobster (!) to grill on Campfire on last night was lush. Not sure where that lies in the glamping/minimalist camping hierarchy smile

Best things we took with us hot chocolate and a can of squirty cream smile, tent carpet (i know but is so nice and warm) and Fat Airics - oh but they are soooo good.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Wed 15-Jul-09 14:41:55

are oyu going to name said campsite or is it a secret so we dont all turn up and demand lobster? smile

Haywire Wed 15-Jul-09 14:57:51

Trellyn Woodland camping in Abercastle they don't have many pitches so get pretty booked up. Owners are total gems have teepees and yurts too there but we can't afford that.

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Wed 15-Jul-09 16:07:46

It must be a Welsh thing teh tentc arpets, converts ourselves.

We go to a similar site in pembrokeshire actually and I am mean, only ten pitches so won't name blush

The welsh rain- ah yes. Was a shock whgen we moved here, quite unlike the Somerset variety

Haywire Wed 15-Jul-09 20:46:41

Peachy this site only has 4 camping pitches shock but is so nice we booked straight away for this year last year.

Do you have an Outwell too? actually do other tents have carpets?

I love living in Wales though rain be dammed!

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Wed 15-Jul-09 22:10:11

Outell yes, though we ahd one with our Khyam before as well.

Like Wales also, we were fortunate to land in a baeautiful place (Caerleon if you know it).

And rain is always only an issue if you don't have the right clothes, no? grin

(PS my site is called Ty Park but don't tell anyone wink)

Haywire Thu 16-Jul-09 09:06:44

Ty Parke looks v. similar to Trellyn and not far away this is what campsites should be like!

Don't know Caerleon but go past that area often as live near Hay/Brecon and visit rellies in Brizzle. We are not Welsh ourselves have lived all over the place including Somerset (Taunton).

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Thu 16-Jul-09 09:22:27

Ah, i'm from Bridgwater and Dh is from Chard, we do taunbton carnival with the boys.

caerleon is worth a visit, great ROman museum and amphitheatre.

Small wrold LOL

Haywire Fri 17-Jul-09 09:05:02

isn't it LOL the carnival went straight past our window when we lived in Taunton we didn't even have to stand out in the cold smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now