Talk

Advanced search

is there a definative list anywhere of what to take when camping abroad?

(12 Posts)
plantwoman Tue 14-Jul-09 10:23:55

I have just downloaded the mumsnet camping checklist - very useful!
But we are going to france and apart from passports, european breakdown cover and all the roadside stuff like high viz vests etc and E111, is there anything else I would need in addition to what we'd normally take when camping in the UK?
We are going in 2 weeks and I am starting to panic..... shock
DH keeps saying 'this is meant to be fun' but I know who he'll look at accusingly when we've forgotten something vital...

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Tue 14-Jul-09 11:26:09

don't panic, they have shops abroad and it is always nice to pick up souvenirs.

are you doing electricity?

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Tue 14-Jul-09 11:26:41

tell your dh he needs speedos that will shut him up

plantwoman Tue 14-Jul-09 12:17:53

We just have a leisure battery on our camper van, which may need charging up.
I have already bought Dh's speedo's.....grin

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Tue 14-Jul-09 13:22:23

you could get an ehu to charge teh leisure battery. can't remember if you need a special thing for 'foreign' electricity.

how long does your battery last (nosy) and if it charges as you drive how long does it last after a wee drive?

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Tue 14-Jul-09 13:23:23

do you have a fire extinguisher and a triangle?

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Tue 14-Jul-09 13:23:52

oh and the special things for your headlamps to make them point the other way

northmetking Tue 14-Jul-09 13:59:23

Hi, we're off on friday.
Where do I download the list?
it might be good for any last minute inclusions.

plantwoman Wed 15-Jul-09 10:44:12

WE have a fire extinguisher but need triangle, I don't think we needs the things for the headlamps as our van is left hand drive anyway.
northmetking the list is here

plantwoman Wed 15-Jul-09 10:47:10

I am not sure how long our leisure battery lasts, that we be a DH question. Although we don't seem to need to charge it up that often, we just use if for running the kids DVD player and charging up our mobiles. it doesn't charge up while we are driving i don't think....well it's been plugged in in our hallway for about a week..

Lucycat Thu 16-Jul-09 12:42:37

French phrase book for when your dh drives into a 'super-high' French kerb, knackers your side wall on your car tyre - on a Sunday and you have to find a garage to replace not one - but two tyres as that is the law in France.

Oh yes that was a lovely couple of days hmm

Do you have a Nationwide / Post office debit account? Load up with money before you go, no commission charges, fab exchange rate.....

Overmydeadbody Thu 16-Jul-09 20:39:00

I was going to post my camping checklist for going abroad but I don't think you'll need it!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now