Talk

Advanced search

We put our shiney new tent up today

(8 Posts)
Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sat 11-Jul-09 20:08:00

It is fab grin, took a mere 15 mins between us max. We even got it back ni the bag which alot of pros on ukcampsite allegedly struggle with. However, most peed off as when putting back in went to zip up and the stopper thing is missing so the zip needed hooking back on - will they thing im ott if i take it back for an exchange - happy to keep the tent but i want a bag fit for purpose!!

Slubberdegullion Sat 11-Jul-09 20:19:05

Yeah, I'd ask for a new bag. You need a good bag.

15 mins is a v good 1st pitch.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sat 11-Jul-09 20:30:48

Its a vango icarus 500 thingy and its a doddle - 3 long poles - bedrooms already attached inside - wham bam - even my scared of camping dh was impressed! I will, i will ring them and tell them im bringing the original one down as i dont want to change the whole tent as ive checked it now for faults and cant be bothered doing that again! Also some new deals start on Monday and it will give me an excuse to shop grin

Slubberdegullion Sat 11-Jul-09 20:33:46

That's a great tent. My friend has the old version and loves it. I'm sure vango will replace just the bag for you.

Furball Sun 12-Jul-09 08:47:40

oh fab - I've got one of those and will be using it hopefully in about 10 days time.

I will say, we have put it up in the garden and there is NO WAY we could fold it back into that bag - any tips?

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sun 12-Jul-09 10:43:07

well we laid it out all flat as if befire you put the poles in, open the door slightly so air comes out and folded the sides in equally, then again so width was same as the pole bag, plonked them on top, squished out all the air and rolled as tight as from back to fron to the air was forced otu thefront opening - itermitently sitting on it to get out excess air - it went back in but we did struggle to fasten the clips at first then bounced onthe side and we could. I got it back out last night to check the fixing kit came with it and got it back in fine. Persevereance my dear wink What colour have you got? We are just debating whether to get the side sun canopy extension for it. Did not get a footprint and just used an old tarpaulin.

Furball Sun 12-Jul-09 11:48:23

thanks - will give that ago next time smile

We don't have a footprint either, just a tauplin from B & Q.

Furball Sun 12-Jul-09 11:48:54

forgot - have sage colour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now