Talk

Advanced search

Pod camping, any thoughts?

(9 Posts)
misshardbroom Sat 11-Jul-09 09:39:41

You know, in a little wooden pod thing? I'd link to it if I could make it work, but I can't!

Think of something the size and shape of a 6 person tent, but made of wood. Apparently you take absolutely everything else with you: airbeds, sleeping bags, stove etc. No electricity.

Have booked for a couple of nights as I liked the idea of camping without the stage where DH gets a right gob on struggling with the tent.

misshardbroom Wed 29-Jul-09 11:19:51

bumping in a lonely sort of a way wink

muffle Wed 29-Jul-09 11:25:53

I'm very tempted to try one. I love camping and I love our tent but I would like to see what it's like without the putting up (and more to the point, the taking down and getting back in the bag) of the tent, and also, I'd like to sleep somewhere dark so that DS doesn't wake up at 4am.

mollyroger Wed 29-Jul-09 11:27:54

HaVE seen these and considered them myself in a rash moment before concluding they are a cunning way for landowners to fleece mugs for £500 A Week for the privilege of sleeping in a converted hen-house.

bronze Wed 29-Jul-09 11:31:19

I love the idea of them

I like this i dea too 1.44ish

It hink I might be able to tempt dh into pod camping tents are too much for him even though he'll happily camp if hes ata flying show

misshardbroom Wed 29-Jul-09 11:38:43

ooohhhh... never thought about the darkness element! I wonder if they might sleep until 8? grin

MollieO Wed 29-Jul-09 11:52:37

I like the idea of a pod. Where are you going?

misshardbroom Wed 29-Jul-09 12:05:51

here

Just for a couple of nights to test the theory. If it's good, there's a lot of sites in the Lake District that have them. The only trouble is, as mollyroger says, if you're not careful you end up paying the same as you would for a self catering cottage, which slightly defeats the object.

MollieO Wed 29-Jul-09 12:50:04

Looks lovely. Maybe I can persuade ds that camping in a pod is still real camping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now