Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping bags.....how many seasons?

(14 Posts)
PerfectPrefect Sat 11-Jul-09 09:12:22

OK I want the truth

Do I need a 2 season or 3 season sleeping bag for UK summer camping?

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sat 11-Jul-09 10:19:07

2 they say but i would go 3 - also some feel as thin as paper so best to get them out the packet and have a good feel. I just got a decent hi gear one here and its lovely and cosy though admitedly it has only been tested lying onthe front room carpet blush

I would always go 3, better to unzip a bit and poke a leg out to cool down than to not be able to get warm.

Get the best ones you can afford too, a good night sleep is crucial to a good camp.

PerfectPrefect Sat 11-Jul-09 11:13:05

Nappy - that is exactly the ones I am thinking of getting with my 15% off voucher this week grin.

I am also looking at this one although some of hte reviews suggest that it is a bit on the small side for a double.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 11-Jul-09 11:19:13

I tend to freeze even in summer but no longer cos I have.... this one

I like it cos if you are a bit short you can fold up the feet section and clip it so you get extra warmth at your feet.

I spect most people would be fine with the autumn version of it.

Just a tiny pointer, lots of people, (myself included) buy mummy bag and then use them and find them unbelievably claustraphobic. I used one for for one week and hated it, now I have a square bag and it's soooooooo much nicer, I would also avoid polyester linings, go for cotton or even better jersey, or you will wake up sweaty with static hairgrin.

Like this one, but it's only 2 season.

This is a popular one

Vango one

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sat 11-Jul-09 12:17:24

i dont know how much they are but the best ever one i slept in was an army issue one which you can probably get in a surplus army shop. I like the mummy claustrophobic feeling - dh is a square bag man.

PerfectPrefect Sat 11-Jul-09 13:47:11

Well I missed most of the later messages as I have just been out buying.

I got the single versions of the Tesco one I linked. I think it is a 2-3 season (says suitable down to 3.5C). It feels nice and thick and has a fleecy lining. It is also sqaure (I can't see me liking a mummy one).

So I seem to have physcically picked up on your messages whilst out grin.

grin Flannel lining too! Excellent shopping.

mzmum Sat 11-Jul-09 15:00:48

WhereTheWTW, would your recommendations (particularly like the HiGear 200 one) be ok for Dordogne SW France in August, do you happen to know?? Going to start a thread i think as sooooo confused on sleeping bags!
Thanks

Have never camped in France, but I would have thoght a 2 season would be sufficent so, yessmile.

mzmum Sat 11-Jul-09 15:26:17

thanks!

PerfectPrefect Sat 11-Jul-09 16:35:08

And the best of it is that they were only £8.99!

louiserogers Sat 11-Jul-09 16:39:48

we have 3 season plus blanket plus sheepskin rug underneath - heaven!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now