Talk

Advanced search

I am officially a camper (kind of)

(18 Posts)
PerfectPrefect Thu 09-Jul-09 19:11:26

I have my tent.

Now I need to decide where/when to go.....

zanz1bar Thu 09-Jul-09 19:30:55

The world is your oyster now, pack the car and off you go....hint follow the sunshinegrin

PerfectPrefect Thu 09-Jul-09 19:36:07

grin

I really really really don't know where to go.

We are in the midlands...and are willing to travel up to 3hrs. So the only regions that are really out of bounds are Cornwall, Scotland, South & West Wales, and Dorest coast....I don't know how to narrow down the rest

Other than the fact that we would like

seasidey
childrens play area
showers & toilets

A bar would be nice but not critical
A swimming pool would nice but not critical

smugmumofboys Thu 09-Jul-09 19:41:09

Surely you could get to South and West Wales in 3 hours. The Gower is lush.

kathyis6incheshigh Thu 09-Jul-09 19:45:34

Yes, go to the Gower, it's gorgeous.

PerfectPrefect Thu 09-Jul-09 19:47:49

We are East Mids...although I have just found out that accoridng to AA we are only just over 3hrs from Swansea....OK...that adds more within scope...

PerfectPrefect Thu 09-Jul-09 19:48:41

Any site recommendations???

PerfectPrefect Thu 09-Jul-09 19:50:29

I quite fancy the Lyn peninsula actually...but perhaps pushing it a bit for ditsance.

smugmumofboys Thu 09-Jul-09 19:51:39

I wouldn't recommend the one we stayed at as the ground was really sludgy after rain, but there are quite a few nearby. You try a search on here or ukcampsite website.

Rhosili (sp?) beach utterly gorgeous and without the bonkers overcrowding you get in Devon.

supersalstrawberry Thu 09-Jul-09 19:51:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Thu 09-Jul-09 19:54:35

perfect perfect what did you get <nosey>

PerfectPrefect Thu 09-Jul-09 20:01:41

EasyCamp Licata 600 for less than £130. It was madness in there at 5:45!

Did you get your's Nappy?

PerfectPrefect Thu 09-Jul-09 20:03:07

Thing about UKcampsite I don't like is that I don't find it easy to search for good campsites at a glance...you kind of have to know what campsite you want to look at before you go there IYSWIM.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Thu 09-Jul-09 20:09:23

I didnt realise it was between 6 and 8 so went at 9am this morning with a whiney toddler - told the manager i was told all day over the phone and pleaded - she must have been a mumsnetter as she sympathised and let me buy my spanking Icarus 500 at 9am with the discount. I also got some self inflating mattressses and a nice new sleping bag all for me if dh isnt going to come to keep me warm. Congratulaltions anyway - did you get a footprint for it? i didnt and now wondering if i should but then i never have had anything under the bed pods in rpevious tents. When is your maiden erection? Ours will be Satureday . I bought a big gelert lokon vario 6 2nd hand early in the week but its far to huge so going back inthe rag......smile

BetsyBoop Thu 09-Jul-09 20:14:59

checkout the camping club site seeker

I find it easier to find sites on there & then check the reviews out on UKCS for any I might fancy!

(sorry can't help with recommendations as we generally seek out tiny & basic farm-type sites & generally not seasidey as we live less than a mile from the beach at home grin)

PerfectPrefect Thu 09-Jul-09 20:54:20

Didn't get a footprint. I haven't seen them for the Licata. I may go and buy a tarpaulin and cut one myself.

First trip away will probably be W/E of 24July. Maiden erection will be sometime before that on the local park.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Thu 09-Jul-09 20:56:03

exciting stuff! You wil have to post a picture when you get it erected grin

PerfectPrefect Thu 09-Jul-09 21:04:41

Dp will think I am nuts if I try and take a photo of his maiden erection grin. I am sure there will be photo's from our maiden voyage though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now