Talk

Advanced search

Are none of the Thermarest beds as good as Fat Airics?

(28 Posts)
MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 08-Jul-09 21:47:27

Why do we only want Fat Airics?

is there no alternative?

Lilymaid Wed 08-Jul-09 21:51:17

Could it be something to do with the price? see comparison chart. Also, the excellent service from the firm.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 08-Jul-09 21:55:36

Hmm, have just been googling, they are flippin expensive aren't they.

I wonder about those Gelert ones on that list...

chevre Thu 09-Jul-09 09:32:33

i love thermarests! didn't have faterics in my day [gimmer]

Slubberdegullion Thu 09-Jul-09 09:45:03

I love my thermarests too.

Pah to the newbie imposters.

Thermarests got dh me and all the way around Australia in 40+ degree heat and we still made love frequently and he proposed at the end of it.

Can fat airics claim to Increase The Love?

I don't think so.

Pawslikepaddington Thu 09-Jul-09 09:47:29

I love my thermarest basecamp, and folds up reeeeaallly small (compared to it's stuff sack) so you can get loads more in with it. Also agree to the tres good love-ness-some of them have special grippy bits on to keep you in place grin

Slubberdegullion Thu 09-Jul-09 09:53:33

ooh we have base camps too, in the strong and sensible navy blue.

I pity the fool who lies on a lime green self inflating mat at night time and expects to wake up fully refreshed and mentally alert enough to deal with any caming crises that may occur.

<<stirs>>

blithedance Thu 09-Jul-09 09:55:00

I have the lime green thermarest. Best of both worlds and packs to the size of a kitchen roll.

troutpout Thu 09-Jul-09 09:56:11

I think thermarests are probably even better tbh (from what i've heard) but for superdooper thick one (thermarest basecamp large for instance) they were just a bit too expensive (for me)
I could just about stretch to 2 fat airics (which had similar dimensions)with the tenner off for buying 2

Slubberdegullion Thu 09-Jul-09 09:57:32

A LIME *GREEN THERMAREST

Good grief. When did they start making those then?

I am quite taken aback

[taken aback]

troutpout Thu 09-Jul-09 09:59:33

slubber
that was way to much information

<<sounds camping sex flaxon>>

wink

Slubberdegullion Thu 09-Jul-09 10:01:09

grin

Well you know, camping threads need a bit of spice now and again.....and hey I didn't mention grippy bits like paws. That is quite graphic imo.

blithedance Thu 09-Jul-09 10:01:13

Klaxon?

Slubberdegullion Thu 09-Jul-09 10:02:45

A flaxon sounds quite kinky. Or maybe it is a self inflating-rolls up quite small waterproof klaxon

grin

troutpout Thu 09-Jul-09 10:05:34

Thats the one
klaxon
I knew that looked wrong

chevre Thu 09-Jul-09 10:13:28

i must admitt i no longer sleep on my thermarest but i can't bear to part with it.

chevre Thu 09-Jul-09 10:14:16

loving slubbers sex tour of australia!

Slubberdegullion Thu 09-Jul-09 10:28:55

ahem

Just to put the record straight here, it was not a sex tour of Australia with thermarests, it was a tour of Australia with thermarests FULL STOP. dh (then dp) and I had perfectly natural pre-marital congress upon them, that was well supported and did not leave you with sore boney bits digging in.

I do not wish to sully the maginificent name of thermarests with a sex smear. They will not turn you into a nymphomaniac.

<more's the pity thinks dh>

MaryMotherOfCheeses Thu 09-Jul-09 20:25:54

Good lord. I go to work and leave you lot to it and the talk turns to sex again.

<note to self: comfier sex than on wobbly airbed might help to justify additional expense to DH>

Slubberdegullion Thu 09-Jul-09 20:49:30

MMOC I would absolutely work with the sex angle grin

And they roll up really small and are super warm. An excellent camping investment imo.

kathyis6incheshigh Thu 09-Jul-09 20:51:32

Does the presence of the children three feet away separated only by a thin sheet of nylon not inhibit the sex a trifle? Only asking.

Slubberdegullion Thu 09-Jul-09 20:58:34

lol

weeeeeell

you have to be a bit less, um, energetic.

Gawd I am talking out of my arse. The most exciting thing of a nightime in our tent is a slightly naughty chocolate hob nob eaten by head torch light with simultaneous foot-warming by hot water bottle in sleeping bag.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Thu 09-Jul-09 21:01:09

Kathy, that's why we've got a vis a vis tent. wink

And frankly, Dagenham Girl Pipers could march through DS's bedroom and he'd sleep through it.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Thu 09-Jul-09 21:01:37

slubber is chocolate hob nob eating what i think it is shock - ooop north we call it a blow job <sorry couldnt help myself in slightly tipsy state>

Slubberdegullion Thu 09-Jul-09 21:09:14

Well I'm up North and would never refer to it as such. shock

I'm having a nice cup of decaf tea here fgs.

I think that was the first time EVER that the bj word has been uttered on a camping thread.

tsk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now