Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a small, quiet campsite for 10th wedding anniversary

(8 Posts)
zisforzebra Wed 08-Jul-09 20:36:23

It's our 10th wedding anniversary at the beginning of august and we've decided to chuck the kids off at grandma's and head off for two nights camping.

Can someone recommend a small, quiet campsite in either Herefordshire, Oxfordshire, Somerset or Wiltshire? We're in Gloucestershire and don't want to drive too far.

Ideally I'd like somewhere with showers and toilets but no bar, clubhouse, pool etc. We'd like to just be able to kick back, do some stargazing and have a break! smile

Any suggestions welcome. smile

zisforzebra Fri 10-Jul-09 23:30:59

anyone?

misshardbroom Sat 11-Jul-09 09:33:02

This is on the outskirts of Cirencester, check out the Hut on the Pond part.

zisforzebra Sun 12-Jul-09 00:14:59

Thanks Misshardbroom. Looks lovely. smile

specialmagiclady Sun 12-Jul-09 14:51:25

Great to see that - we drove through there last year and it looked lovely (the shop was full of people obviously camping).

Food is excellent, shop yummy. Sells all sorts of Indian glamping-style throws.

Lauree Sun 12-Jul-09 22:29:46

This one is a bit out of your area, but it really is a magical romantic site. Instead of the normal open feilds, you camp in secluded clearings in a forest. would be great in august when it's hot. very peacefull and full of wildlife: we saw giant dragonflies, and doormice. It's got great facilities too : camping and caravanning club. definitely the most unusual campsite I've ever been too. It was a great recommend from a friend, and I LOVED it. the address below doesn't quite do it justice, but give the details....

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=1816

Curiousmama Sun 12-Jul-09 22:44:32

linking for Lauree Feeling envious envy as live too far to go to that one.

zisforzebra Mon 13-Jul-09 16:13:43

Thanks Lauree, that looks great. I wasn't intending to go that far but it looks worth it and it's close to Brighton which we really like. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now