Talk

Advanced search

Would you go camping on Thursday if you knew it had been flinging it down all week?

(9 Posts)
DottyDot Tue 07-Jul-09 13:02:26

We're due to go on our first family camping trip to York on Thursday for 2 nights (school inset days!) but the weather's crap and I want it to go really well!

We could just as easily stay at home but we've got everything ready and the boys are excited.

Sigh. don't know what to do!

AlotToSortOut Tue 07-Jul-09 13:03:37

I'd go

Overmydeadbody Tue 07-Jul-09 13:05:33

yes I would go

Rain doesn't have to spoil a camping trip!
smile]

Lilyloo Tue 07-Jul-09 13:06:15

I'd go too. We are due to go next week. It's all booked come rain or shine!
Last year we delayed our trip due to weather report.
DS very dissapointed and it wasn't nearly as bad weather as predicted.

Fimbo Tue 07-Jul-09 13:07:40

I think I would go. It was pouring really heavily here yesterday and then as soon as the sun came out, the roads had rising steam and were dry very quickly. So the grass may dry out quicker if there is some sun between now and Thursday.

sarah293 Tue 07-Jul-09 13:09:00

Message withdrawn

somewhathorrified Tue 07-Jul-09 13:23:13

it's so much easier o get the tent pegs in the ground if it's been raining! Plus york has loads of indoor activities. The only thing I'd suggest is make sure you take some coat hangers for wet coats that you can hang near the entrance to the tent.

DottyDot Tue 07-Jul-09 17:31:16

Hmm - OK...! We haven't got cagoules but we have got wellies (I was hoping to get away with us just taking crocs and trainers, but hey ho).

I'm just grrr that the lovely sunny weather has disappeared...

Still, I bought a fab pull string radio for camping trips today so am all excited again! grin

Lucycat Tue 07-Jul-09 17:55:20

Don't bother with wellies at this time of year crocs will be fine - get a few cheap towels from the poundshop to use to dry feet and small boys!

btw - SportsSoccer in Stockport has adults Crocs for £15 atm and kids for £10 - real ones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now