Talk

Advanced search

please recomend a nice campsite in S France near the sea - bring your own tent

(6 Posts)
fabhead Mon 06-Jul-09 22:15:25

hello, we are staying with family next week near Montpelier then have a week to camp, bringing our own stuff. I can't seem to find a campsite that lets you turn up with your own tent and isnt part of some overpriced UK camping holiday thing. Somewhere near the beach with good facilities would be ideal.

IloveJudgeJudy Mon 06-Jul-09 23:26:37

We went to the South of France last year, near Valras Plage (west side of Med). The campsites there were nearly all exceedingly expensive and had loads of facilities, but we are talking about 80 euros per night for a family of 5. We managed to find one called Camping Marina that had showers, small shop, small bar, no pool, but a gate directly to the beach. It was within walking distance of the town, too. HTH. Might be a bit far from Montpellier, though.

fabhead Wed 08-Jul-09 13:09:34

it does, thanks, di you book or just turn up?

chevre Wed 08-Jul-09 13:10:48

there are normally reasonably priced municipal sites in all town.

fabhead Wed 08-Jul-09 13:16:59

booking required? (I am worrying now as it is for week after next and all the big websites I look at are full)

procrastinatingparent Wed 08-Jul-09 13:23:39

We went here and loved it but I don't remember if there were tent pitches (fabulous pool and great kids clubs, though). One day we hired bikes and cycled to another part of the beach and I remember passing lots of smaller campsites with tents, some of which had pools. I can't be more specific, I'm afraid but we really loved the area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now