Talk

Advanced search

HELP - will be 22 weeks preggers, suffering from Pelvis probs and NEED new air bed

(5 Posts)
Wills Mon 06-Jul-09 21:05:24

Can anyone suggest a decent airbed for me. I'm going to be 22 weeks pregnant but am really suffering badly from Pelvic Girdle Pain - similar to SPD but where the pelvis joins the spine. My gut thoughts are the need for relatively firm without sleeping on the floor so double height wouldn't be good. After that I don't have a clue. Any ideas?

whomovedmychocolate Mon 06-Jul-09 21:17:45

Aerobed - we have several and they come in raised and on the floor and the on the floor ones are much cheaper.

Would second the Aerobed, sil has one and it's incredibly comfy.

If the budget won't stretch that far (ours won'tgrin) then we have two Coleman Comforts it's very supportive and has two chambers so it one of you moves then other doesn't get bounced.

usernametaken Tue 07-Jul-09 22:03:25

I am 31wks pg now also with SPD. Last week I decided that the self inflating camp mats were not going to suffice so I bought a very cheap air mattress from Tescos. I put the thin camp mat down first fully inflated and then put the air mattress on top. For me I didn't inflate it too much...I needed to be hauled up in the morning but the hips were far better after sleeping on that than the sofa that I have been relegated to since 16wks.
Rolling over and crawling out the tent was much better than trying to get up from the airbed.
Have a good trip.

Wills Tue 07-Jul-09 22:24:09

Thanks guys for you help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now