Talk

Advanced search

Would anyone be interested in buying our lovely Vango Diablo 600?

(14 Posts)
amazonianwoman Mon 06-Jul-09 12:10:16

I'm not sure where to post this in For Sale/Wanted (I'm fully paid up with Mumsnet subscription, so am bona fide smile) so thought I'd try here...

We bought it in 2006, used it for 2 nights then (dry, no rain), then didn't use it again until the last half-term holidays for 4 nights (dry again). Other than that we've erected it twice in our back garden for the afternoon.

Immaculate, just one small tear (about 1 inch long) at very bottom of the outer tunnel side door section - I can repair it if required. Otherwise perfect smile

I also have a Vango Diablo 600 carpet, used for 4 nights only, no spills on it.

Anyone? It's too heavy to post obviously, so collection only (South Manchester/Cheshire) or I'd consider delivering it within a smallish radius.

Only selling because we've bought a caravan blush [runs away before getting a public slaying from the dedicated campers]

amazonianwoman Tue 07-Jul-09 09:21:57

Can do photos smile

Overmydeadbody Tue 07-Jul-09 12:59:24

What berth?

kalo12 Tue 07-Jul-09 13:00:22

how much do you want for it? whereabouts are you?

amazonianwoman Tue 07-Jul-09 17:32:49

It's six berth - see dimensions here The main living area is huge - DH and I slept in there on our 4 night trip, with loads of space left.

The tents tend to sell secondhand for around £100-£180. I was looking for around £120. Would you be interested in the carpet too?

I'm near C h e a d l e just south of Manchester

wiggletastic Tue 07-Jul-09 17:48:00

I am interested too if OMDB and Kalo pass. How much for the carpet?

kalo12 Tue 07-Jul-09 19:02:40

i think its looks too big for my needs and i'm too far away though. shame cos vango are great tents. good luck

amazonianwoman Tue 07-Jul-09 21:06:03

Wiggletastic - how about £160 including the carpet? Where are you based?

wiggletastic Tue 07-Jul-09 21:13:45

How about £150? (haggle, haggle)

I am in Glasgow but will be in the Manc/Stockport area next Friday visting both sets of PILs (on the way to Wales for our hols) so could pick up from you then.

amazonianwoman Wed 08-Jul-09 11:44:34

Split the difference at £155?!

Do you mean Fri 17 July? That's fine if it is.

NB it is BIG. Will you have much space in your car?

wiggletastic Wed 08-Jul-09 17:35:51

You drive a hard bargain! grin

Yes, Friday 17th. We will have space in the car as staying over at the PILs and will leave it there and pick up on the way back. (Also planning to get a roof box for camping trips)

Do you have any other camping stuff you are selling as we are camping virgins and have nothing yet?

Very excited about new tent and already planning to put it up and sleep in the garden the first night we come home! blush

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Thu 09-Jul-09 17:58:15

now thats gone does anyone want to buy a Gelert Lokon Vario 6 huge tent thats too huge for us. Am oop North. smile

amazonianwoman Thu 09-Jul-09 20:00:19

wiggletastic do you want to email me so we can discuss details:

a n d r e a - k e l l y @ n t l w o r l d . c o m (without spaces)

Not sure about other equipment - will have a think. We do have a couple of the original Thermarest self-inflating mattresses, as well as a double airbed (one that has 2 separate zones so if one person bounces around the other shouldn't feel it grin) - just need to find the airbed. Not sure about selling the Thermarests but would definitely sell the airbed. We never used a bobby dazzler camping stove, just a single burner tripod thing (sits on the ground) and a Trangia, neither ideal for family camping. Will search our stuff at the weekend smile

wiggletastic Thu 09-Jul-09 20:02:46

Ok, will email you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now