Talk

Advanced search

what to buy, never had a tent before. Help

(5 Posts)
lisad123 Sun 05-Jul-09 17:39:57

We are missing our static caravan and am really struggling with not being able to get away for weekends ect. Decided to look at tents. We have a big car, with atow bar fitted.
As a kid we did loads of camping, but when I was about 11years old some people came inot our tent one night and robbed us. Have been terified since of camping.
I have seen pop up tents with doors that are lockable.

Any hints or tips? I dont want to pay out a £££ and then not use it. Is there a rentable service we can try before we buy. Im not worried about cooking, being outside cold ect. I love the outdoors. Help, any help welcome.

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Sun 05-Jul-09 17:53:32

Hi Lisa

We need to know how many of you in the party and if there's any specific wants- eg large nbedrroms so you can sleep with a baby in your room, exceptionallt tall adult in party, etc

lisad123 Sun 05-Jul-09 18:00:46

there is 4 of us, me, dh, and 2 girls. DD1 is 6 and DD2 is nearly 2. Want one with awning and pop up trailer tent type if possible. Help

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Sun 05-Jul-09 18:14:55

I would post specifically asking for pop upa dvice if you want those, as not many users on here (have a look at ukcampsite website, they have a section for them)

Some basics though: for 4 people you need a six berth (no idea why but all manufacturers run the same standard add 2 system),

this site ahs a good rep]] but consider second hand as they are £££'s new. scroll down and there's a few

if they prove too expenasive consider a very high quiality normal tent- something like an Outwell or Cabanon. And look for secre sites- a few we use have security barriers which may not stop fellow campers but does minimse risk immensely

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Sun 05-Jul-09 18:20:16

useful info

if you google trailer tent hire loads come up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now