Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Camping food tips

(7 Posts)
Curiousmama Sun 05-Jul-09 15:12:02

Is there a thread already somewhere with food tips?

I'm only going for 1 or 2 nights but might risk longer or even go abroad to do it now I've got the bug. I did one night last week for the first time in eons.

I'm thinking of taking some ready cooked food that's frozen in the cool box. Also some tins, cous cous etc...

Luckily there's a village 5 minutes walk away so that'll be handy.

Here

Here

Hth.

My staples tend to be

Something frozen that I have taken with me, soup, stew etc have this on the first night.

Sausages and mash.

Pasta and simple tomato sauce

Cous cous and feta salad (as in above thread)

Chicken noodle salad (as in above thread)

A BBQ

M and S curry in a can with rice.

Curiousmama Sun 05-Jul-09 15:48:38

Thanks for that.

FairLadyRantALot Sun 05-Jul-09 15:52:54

canned Ravioli
canned Chickpea Dahl

Curiousmama Mon 06-Jul-09 12:47:36

thanks FLRAL. I just got some branston madras chickpeas to try.
My Asda delivery with camping food came this morning grin I've got wok ready noodles, tins of chicken casserole, dolmio stir in sauce and other bits. I'm going to make up a box so it's all ready to just take.

troutpout Mon 06-Jul-09 13:12:19

We always have something cooked and frozen for the second night which helps keep everything cool.Lentil hotpot or bolognaise...something like that.
For the first night, we cook baked potatoes at home then line a collapsable bucket (which i use anyway when camping) with newspaper and foil.Put the baked pots in foil into the bucket and really stuff with paper. They stay hot for ages.
Usually have them with cheese and salad ...or chicken and salad or beans .

Curiousmama Mon 06-Jul-09 14:05:11

Wow brill potato idea Troutpout I'll use that one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now