Talk

Advanced search

camping cots ?

(5 Posts)
momov2 Sat 04-Jul-09 23:24:10

I'm going camping soon and i dont know what is the best option for my 15 month old when it comes to sleeping. The travel cot that i have won't fit in the tent and i've been looking at campng cots but they are all crazily priced to only be used once or twice ? does anyone have experience of camping with babies and sleeping arragments or any advice please ? thanks x

(also posted in products)

BetsyBoop Sun 05-Jul-09 10:26:06

we haven't tried it yet so this is at the theory stage (2 weeks to go...) but we've bought the kampa junior airbed for 20month old DS, to save having to take the travel cot with us (would fit in the tent in our case, but we would be struggling for space in the car & like you don't want to spend money on a camping cot that we'd only use for one summer)

They have sides so hopefully DS will stay put once he's asleep & when he wakes up he wants out of his cot anyway...

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Sun 05-Jul-09 10:43:50

DS4 is the same age and sleeps with us atm, however I would second one of the kampa things, they're fab

Paddington Thu 09-Jul-09 17:16:08

We use a Nomad kids travel bed with self-inflating mattress. Best baby equipment we invested in! We bought it and the Nomad kids sleeping bag that goes with it when our eldest son was almost 2 and he loved it as does his younger brother. My eldest son is now 4 and still fits in it but he is now happy to sleep in a sleeping bag on a thermarest so his younger brother now uses it. Yes, it is more expensive than a travel cot but we sold our travel cot and have used the Nomad bed whenever we go away or have relatives to stay and the boys have to give up their bedroom.

We bought ours from Little Trekkers - very helpful and excellent service www.littletrekkers.co.uk look under the travel cots in the camping and trekking section

kathyis6incheshigh Thu 09-Jul-09 17:27:26

we went straight from travel cot to readybed. He can't get out of the inner tent because he can't reach the zip, anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now